You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Brush Affinity Designer

5 hours ago, NathanC said:

Hi @luismmartini,

It looks like you're trying to apply Opacity/Size Variance to a pen stroke, these settings only apply when drawing with the vector brush tool with the relevant Controller active in the context toolbar, please see the below thread for more information on this.

Thanks! I follow all paths, but I have the same problem.

Are you using the Pen tool to create vectors and apply a brush? OR are you using the Vector Brush Tool to apply strokes?

You will see a difference in the use of the tools.

If you use the Vector Brush Tool. The Context Menu (top menu) displays options that control how the brush responds with it's settings in the panel. 
Size variance | Opacity will be active if you switch Controller: Automatic or Controller: Brush Defaults. 
Controller: None will not affect the brush stroke..i.e what you see from brush stroke as applied to the vector created with Pen Tool 

Affinity Version 1 (10.6) Affinity Version 2.4.1 All (Designer | Photo | Publisher)   Beta; 2.4 2.2356
OS:Windows 10 Pro 22H2 OS Build 19045.4046+ Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0
Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 21.04.01 
Radeon Settings Version 2020
20.1.03) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.41-1

23 hours ago, StuartRc said:

Are you using the Pen tool to create vectors and apply a brush? OR are you using the Vector Brush Tool to apply strokes?

You will see a difference in the use of the tools.

If you use the Vector Brush Tool. The Context Menu (top menu) displays options that control how the brush responds with it's settings in the panel. 
Size variance | Opacity will be active if you switch Controller: Automatic or Controller: Brush Defaults. 
Controller: None will not affect the brush stroke..i.e what you see from brush stroke as applied to the vector created with Pen Tool 

Thanks! I will try