You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Please can you review the issues brought up in this post they have been around for a few years.

• Staff

Hi @Bendango,

The first issue raised (backspace/delete key is unassigned on iPad) is logged with our developers to be changed, I'll be sure to 'bump' this with our team for you now.

The second issue isn't something I can replicate here, when painting with an Apple Pencil, or using my finger.

Can you please open the Affinity app and navigate to Settings (cog icon on the homesceen), then under the General tab, please enable Show Touches.

With this option enabled, can you please provide a screen recording showing the behaviour you're reporting?

If you're unsure how to take a screen recording, please check out our FAQ linked below - 

Can you please also confirm:

What iPad model are you using?

What version of iOS is installed?

What version of Affinity Photo/Designer is in use?

What are you using as the input device? (ie Apple Pencil, finger, other stylus)

Many thanks in advance!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• 1 month later...

@OK Dan, Sorry for the delayed reply. But here we go.

OK so the issue I have I can’t replicate because I have no idea how it is happening. But basically I will be sketching and then all of a sudden the pen has momentarily switched to the color picker and simultaneously pics and changes the color automatically. The result would mean I am sketching on a white back ground with a black pen and then all of a sudden my pen changes to white effectively feeling like I have run out of ink mid sketch. 

Brings out the rage some which doesn’t help while trying to be creative.

What iPad model are you using? A2014 IPad Pro 13” Model number MTJR2LL/A

What version of iOS is installed? 15.5 

What version of Affinity Photo/Designer is in use? 1.10.21

What are you using as the input device? (ie Apple Pencil, finger, other stylus) Apple Pencil. 

Thanks

Ben

• Staff

No problem at all, thanks for confirming that for me, and for the further information provided!

As requested above, are you able to provide a screen recording of this occurring, with Show Touches enabled? As this should allow me to either replicate the issue, or provide an example to our developers for further investigation.

Many thanks once again :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

@Dan C - As I said I have no idea how this happens. It just happens occasionally and sporadically. Short of continual recording my drawing for the random moment when it occurs I can’t record my screen and provide this too you as I cannot deliberately recreate it.

• Staff

Thanks for letting me know - I will be sure to pass this information through to our QA team for further testing and investigation.

However if we cannot determine a cause, replicate or provide an example of a bug via screen recording / with a document then it unfortunately cannot be logged with our developers.

Please note -

Many thanks!

Ok maybe we can do this another way. Is there a finger action or something that I could be doing by accident that brings the color picker function up? For example if I tap with 3 fingers on my left hand and slide the pen across - could it momentarily change the function?

i have it set so that I can’t draw it’s my fingers as I am using the pen. But I can still use my left hand to zoom in out and move the screen around.

In this case I am also drawing with all of the tabs on the screen hidden as per clicking on the top right square 2 times.

• Staff

My apologies, just to confirm which exact tool are you using in Affinity Designer when this occurs?

1 hour ago, Bendango said:

i have it set so that I can’t draw it’s my fingers as I am using the pen. But I can still use my left hand to zoom in out and move the screen around.

I suspect you are referring to 'Touch for gestures only', enabled in settings?

Please note -

Many thanks!

• Staff

Thanks for verifying that - when using the Paint Brush Tool in Affinity iOS, there is a shortcut gesture for the colour picker - simply by tapping and holding on screen, then moving this 'tap' to pick a colour.

This can't be initiated from the Apple Pencil input, so I suspect this is happening when resting your hand/palm on the canvas.

If the colour picker is initiated using this gesture, it would likely pick the 'white' from the canvas background and cause the behaviour you're seeing.

Unfortunately there's no option to disable this gesture currently, however I can log a requested improvement with our developers for such an option.

I hope this helps :)

Please note -

Many thanks!