You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I see that in Affinity Photo I can import my LUTs from my video packages and apply them using the 3D LUT Adjustment Layer.

There's a selection to Load LUT, but underneath it is another option called "Infer LUT". It doesn't allow me to select any 3D LUTs, but will allow me to select images. However, it doesn't appear to do anything at all.

What is "Infer LUT" for, and how is it used?

That's cool, and yes... there should be a video about it... or at least an explanation in the Help.

I'm trying this and can't get it to work. Can you break this down a bit more clearly. After I apply a blend mode for example and export... do I export as a jpg? Or as a LUT? 

I get what it's doing... I'm just not clear on the procedure. 

Thanks!

you have to export it as a jpg or png or tiff, something plain and simple.

when you choose "infer LUT" you first choose the source jpg/png/tiff and then when the second screen pops up you select the adjusted and previously exported jpg/png/tiff

hope that clears it up? ;)

Ah yes... I got it. Thanks!

I wasn't using the original source image. I was selecting the new image as the source, then inferring the adjusted exported image. That didn't do anything. If I open a completely new image... then "infer" the original image that I adjusted/blended/etc. then "infer" the exported edited version of the original image... it mimics the look from the first image to the completely new image. Tried it. Works. Cool!