You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AF Designer app from one pc to a new one !!

hello,

i purchase AD to one of my Mac and would like to continue suing it on another one (the one i bring to meetings with me small one)

so ,how can i  move AF.D from one mac  to another  one  without having to pay again ???

thank you for your support 

RS, fukuoka japan 

• Staff

Hi @sebaoun rod, welcome to the Affinity forum.

The app can be downloaded again to a new device from the same store that the original purchase was made.

If the Affinity Designer purchase was made through the Mac App Store it is tied to your Apple ID, and will also not require a Product Key. If you need to install it again, run the Mac App Store ensuring that you are signed in with the same account/credentials used to complete the purchase and the button which usually says "Buy" should instead say "Install", click on it to begin the installation of the program.

If you bought from the Affinity Store you can download again from the Downloads and Product Keys area within your Affinity Store account.

Any spelling or grammatical errors found in the above post are deliberate and included to boost the self-esteem of those who spot them.

As StevenS said above:

3 hours ago, StevenS said:

If the Affinity Designer purchase was made through the Mac App Store it is tied to your Apple ID

If you now have a different Apple ID to the one you originally purchased with then you will need to purchase a new licence of the Affinity software if you want to install it again on a different machine.
Unfortunately, there’s nothing that Serif can do about this, but you can try asking Apple if you want to go down that particular ‘rabbit hole’.