You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

iPad Designer: Saving that goes on too long

I’m working on a file that’s about 77kb and is not complex: few shapes, no gradients. I just Saved and the spinning gear and “Saving” have been on the screen for several minutes. Given that this is a small, relatively simple file, what could be the reason for this unusually long save time?

thank you

• Staff

Hi @VectorCat,

There may be many reasons for this, such as other applications running on your iPad in the background, your save location (ie a cloud location) etc.

Can you please confirm for me:

• What model iPad are you using?
  • What version of iOS is installed?
  • What is your save location during the delay?

Are you able to provide a copy of this document here for me also?

Many thanks in advance :)

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

• Staff

Thanks for your file and information! I've tested this here on our iPad Pro 2nd gen and I'm seeing the file save locally in ~1sec, even after making changes.

Have you restarted your iPad recently? I'd recommend performing a Force Restart and then try saving once again. Does this change the save time for you please? :)

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

• Staff

My apologies, just to confirm - did the issue persist after the restart, or has this reduced the saving time?

My bad..I whiffed on that question. Yes, after the restart, I resumed work on the same file which had just taken an unusual amount of time to save, and found that subsequent savings took the usual amount of time - for this file, a few moments.

Thank you