You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

When drawing zoomed in, I zoom out and rest of layer content is erased

When drawing in Affinity Photo iPad and zoomed in real close, when I zoom out, the rest of the content on that layer has been erased. So it basically just saves the content that is in the zoomed mode. This has made it almost impossible to use as I have to keep drawing work over again, or do it on the Mac. I lose a lot of content. I've had to make multiple duplicates of a layer to make sure the content doesn't get erased. But it is burdensome so I've stopped drawing for the time being.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Thanks..

7 hours ago, joshuabbutler said:

I use an iPad 2018 256GB, current version of Affinity Photo

Try closing all open apps then doing a Forced Restart

Forced Restart
On older iPads this is done by pressing home and power buttons continuously until you see the Apple logo. 
On newer models in quick succession press Volume Up then Volume Down then press and hold the power button continuously until you see the Apple Logo. 

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/ipad/ipad63d30b5a/ios

If that does not work, save all your work to an iCloud folder then delete and re-install your app. Make sure to save all your work outside of the app and not in the OnMyiPad folder as it will be deleted by iPadOS when you delete the app.

My dad always told me, a bad workman always blames their tools….

Just waiting for Ronny Pickering…..

Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on macOS Sonoma 14 on M1 Mac Mini 16GB 1TB
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on Windows 10 Pro. Deceased
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 2.4 on M1 iPad Pro 11” on iPadOS 17.4 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityForiPad

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityPhoto/

The hardest link to find https://affinity.help

• Staff
10 hours ago, joshuabbutler said:

When drawing in Affinity Photo iPad and zoomed in real close, when I zoom out, the rest of the content on that layer has been erased. So it basically just saves the content that is in the zoomed mode. This has made it almost impossible to use as I have to keep drawing work over again, or do it on the Mac. I lose a lot of content. I've had to make multiple duplicates of a layer to make sure the content doesn't get erased. But it is burdensome so I've stopped drawing for the time being.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Thanks..

Hi Joshua,

This sounds like an issue we haven't had reported before if possible could you provide a screen recording showing the layer content being erased on zooming back out? Does the layer content re-appear when you zoom back in at all?

Thanks
C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

12 hours ago, Callum said:

Hi Joshua,

This sounds like an issue we haven't had reported before if possible could you provide a screen recording showing the layer content being erased on zooming back out? Does the layer content re-appear when you zoom back in at all?

Thanks
C

This is a bad example, but I don't want to spend time trying to create a similar scenario. I annotated this to try to make it more understandable.

IMG_2865.jpg

• Staff

Unfortunately I'm not sure if I understand your issue based on this screenshot. Please could you provide a video of it using the iPads inbuilt screen recorder?

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

I fixed this with my drawing on the desktop version, and can't seem to replicate it easily, unless assuming there are big areas of pixels on the layer. Maybe it has something to do with memory, but it is deleting huge amounts of content, so I started to use the app casually less and less.

Just because this is not something heard about before, it happened several times to me.  In the attached image, I the the lower right part, you can see that there are 4 bands extending outside of the land area. Those banded areas in the bottom right were there before updates, but. you can see in the top image that they were erased as I zoomed in and drew within the circle area

IMG_2872.PNG