tokai

[Fixed] Compound: Sometimes Shows Old Shape After Editing Children

Hi,

when I edit children of a Compound (live-boolean) object/group and select the parent object (the compound itself) then it sometimes shows an old (cached?) version of the children's path(s). This goes away once I edit (e.g. scale) the compound temporarily (and then revert back with "Undo").

It's a bit hard to describe in words. :D This does not happen all the time and I can't give clear steps for reproducing the issue (e.g. I couldn't reproduce it in a stand-alone test case; it just happens sometimes in my more complex files. Perhaps related to deeper nesting of the objects or something.)

Basic Steps
(sometimes triggers the issue, often it does not)

1. Select a child object of a compound group

2. Use Node tool to make some edits

3. Now select the compound object itself (in the layer list)

Result

Sometimes shows the old/ previous shape of the child (before edit) (blue line).

regards,

tokai

Affinity Designer Version: 1.4 (Mac App Store)

post-17131-0-83988200-1450797659_thumb.png

post-17131-0-72878800-1450797664_thumb.png

3D and 2D hobby(art)ist. You can follow me on Twitter: @binaryriot or Instagram: binaryriot

I tried to recreate a full "situation" (as in some of my files). I think I managed to create a streamlined test case that triggers the issue each time (at least it did so for me 5 times in a row). Perhaps the first child object having manually rounded corners (with corner tool) helps to trigger it.

Hopefully you'll be able to reproduce it too. :)

testcase.afdesign

post-17131-0-19751900-1450817397_thumb.png

3D and 2D hobby(art)ist. You can follow me on Twitter: @binaryriot or Instagram: binaryriot