You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity not opening 1.10.5 version

HI Hope you can all help, 

I can not get affinity to launch, it was working fine until 2 weeks ago. I have reinstalled nemours times, updated my graphic drivers etc, rolled back a windows update.

I can get every version to launch up until 1.9 from 1.9 onwards it will not load. It shows the art screen then just closes, can't see any errors nothing i tried to turn off the openCL compute acceleration on Windows. However because i uninstalled and reinstalled i don't have the option and when i try to add the line before settings, i get an error saying some of the options are missing and then just closes again.

Just now i am having to use version 1.8.5 as this is the only one that will load and my files are all saved to the newer version

All idea will be appreacated

I am on windows 10 Processor    AMD A10-8750 Radeon R7
its an older pc work great for everything apart from now Affinity will not open

• Staff

Hi @Lainey778and Welcome to the Forums,

Could you check this post: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/98904-where-to-find-crash-reports/#comment-529428 and post your crash report?

Also if you could call up the Run Box by press the Windows key on your keyboard and tapping the letter R and in the run box enter:

%AppData%\Affinity\Photo\1.0\

That should open a folder and if you could also attach here the log.txt from that folder, that will help a lot :)