jpespinal

Weird behavior in AD after starting up the app.

When I first startup AD, I get the splash screen but no welcome splash screen (the one with other artist's work) even though I have it enabled in the preferences. Also when I press command+o in order to open a document the pop up window opens up behind the application so I need to use Mac Mission Control in order to bring forth the pop up window, but when I select a document to open up, nothing happens and I need to press command+o again in order for it to work.

Hi jpespinal,

What version of AD are you using? 

I can't seem to replicate the issue so it could be that you need to try resetting the app by holding down Ctrl when you open it and with the top 3 options checked, press 'Clear'.

You can also try installing the beta version 1.4.1 from here to see if this resolves it.

Hi jpespinal,

What version of AD are you using? 

I can't seem to replicate the issue so it could be that you need to try resetting the app by holding down Ctrl when you open it and with the top 3 options checked, press 'Clear'.

You can also try installing the beta version 1.4.1 from here to see if this resolves it.

Hi QA!

I am using 1.4. I did what you recommended, it fixed the splash screen and pop up window errors. When I choose a document to open however it does not open the document and I have to press command+o again in order to open a document.

I'm not sure if we can assume this is fixed in version 1.4.1, because it only occurred in the App Store (sandboxed) version of Designer 1.4, not the trial version of 1.4 that you can download directly from the website. The bug is that AD brings up and activates a file dialog _behind_ its main window in certain situations.

To reproduce the bug, do the following:

1. Launch AD.

2. Resize the main window to be as small as possible in the top left corner of the screen.

3. Close the main window by clicking on the red gumdrop close box in its titlebar.

4. Quit AD.

5. Launch AD again.

You'll see a file dialog pop up behind the main window (only partially hidden now because we resized the window in step 2). Note that if you type, the keyboard input actually goes to the file dialog, even though it's not the frontmost window, which is probably what causes the "weird behavior" that the original poster experienced.

- Jon

It is possible to disable the erroneous open dialog if you don't need the iCloud drive option

"

To disable it go to System PreferencesiCloud, click iCloud Drive's Options... button and uncheck Affinity Photo and Designer from the list.

"

Living the Dream since 1964 - about 25 years left