You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Setting stroke color on a group of curves turns sets not just color, but width to 1pt if width was none.

The same issue happens in Designer as well.

I have a group of curves. Some of the curves have no stroke, some of the have strokes of different widths. When I set the stroke color, all curves with "no stroke" setting gets a 1pt stroke.

Normal strokes for these curves:

image.png.282f3f5ba40c950b644f46731a292600.png

The horizontal lines are strokes, the other symbols are only fills. I set Stroke color for the group:

image.png.c0ff0b4e573e9cb71eeb0feda17f1eed.png

Now the symbols got an unintentional new stroke. I think it could make sense to add a default width stroke when setting the stroke color, but not for a group, where there can be individual curves where the stroke is intentionally turned off.

• Staff

Hi @briff,

This is currently working as designed and not a bug, in order to set a stroke colour, there needs to be a stroke to apply it to, which is what you are seeing.  This applies to grouped and none grouped items.

I'll get this moved to feature requests as there could be a better way of handling this.