You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Ipad ignored topics.

Sorry if this has a ready been brought up here, but I thought this now deserved its own dedicated thread. I am seeing a lot of issues that appear to have simple fix’s and finding threads that are years old with still no fixes.

Two recent examples are below and you can see the threads below with the dates that the threads were started. If you have more Ignored topics please post them as a reply here.

Why is affinity just ignoring these issues - there is really no point in starting these forums at all if your not going to listen to the issues that people post here.

Affinity admin > why do you keep ignoring these issues?

• Staff

Hi @Bendango,

Thanks for raising this with the team.

I can see the first post linked is a 'Feature Requests & Suggestions' thread - which the Affinity team do not tend to directly respond to. The Feature Requests forum is for users to add their voice in regards to the changes they wish to see made to the apps, but our general policy as Tech Support/QA agents on this forum is not to intervene with such posts. This is confirmed in some Feedback posts, such as the one below -

Equally, I can see the second post is from the 'Questions' forum, and has a reply from a Forum Moderator, @stokerg. This issue was raised internally and subsequently marked as fixed, as another moderator @Gabe, points out in the below post:

On 1/30/2019 at 8:23 AM, Gabe said:

We have changed tap-hold to tap-hold-drag because it was interfering with short pauses while painting.

If you feel you are still experiencing issues within the app, we ask you create a new Bug Report post, so that our team can investigate and log any issues as required, as the post you have linked to has many users asking for an option to disable the colour picker whilst painting, which falls under the aforementioned category of 'Feature Requests'.

We're sorry to hear you feel the Affinity Staff members here are ignoring subjects, I can assure you this is not the case and certainly not an intended outcome from our Feature Request policy etc.

I will be sure to pass your comments through to my manager here, to ensure we are replying to forum posts as required.

I hope this clears things up :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Hi @Dan C

Thanks for the reply. I am a little confused by the response though. As far as I can tell the 2 issues I have mentioned in my original post still persist. I am not so concerned about engaging with Affinity staff on the forums. More these threads were started years ago and the issues raised are still present in the current software and as a result this creates a feeling of being ignored. 

If you can direct me to a solution to solve these issues that would be great.

• Staff
2 minutes ago, Bendango said:

As far as I can tell the 2 issues I have mentioned in my original post still persist

2 minutes ago, Bendango said:

If you can direct me to a solution to solve these issues that would be great.

Please see the aforementioned:

On 6/9/2022 at 5:27 PM, Dan C said:

If you feel you are still experiencing issues within the app, we ask you create a new Bug Report post, so that our team can investigate and log any issues as required

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!