You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is there any word on the next Beta release.  It's been months and I haven't seen any progress toward elimination of current bugs or stability.  The application still randomly crashes on me after 45 min to 2 hours.  This happens on multiple systems, Intel, AMD, etc.  Doesn't matter what I run it on.  Then there are the little things like missing fonts and the program will not snap to the instances where they occur.  The program will crash on creation of a Table of Contents or even while updating it.  SO, hope they are still working on stability.  I am periodically looking back here for updates, but nothing seems to be happening.

Windows 10 x64 (OS Build 19043.1706) - AMD 5900X - 32 GB - 2 TB M.2 - 1 TB SSD - Radeon 6900XT

7 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

Sorry, there is no news at the moment 

This is somewhat disturbing information.
Has Serif stopped working on Affinity products?
There is no new information regarding the new beta version 1.0. for several months.
Could this be the end of the Affinity product line?
It is a pity, because I work on a daily basis in the Affinity programs.
Maybe Serif should hire you from Vectorstyler.
There you can really see the progress of work on the development of the program and contact with customers.
So goodbye Affinity. Serif encouraged graphic designers for his program and he seems to give up.

• Staff
8 minutes ago, GRAFKOM said:

Has Serif stopped working on Affinity products?

No

8 minutes ago, GRAFKOM said:

Could this be the end of the Affinity product line?

No

9 minutes ago, GRAFKOM said:

It is a pity, because I work on a daily basis in the Affinity programs.

IT still does everything you bought it for.

10 minutes ago, GRAFKOM said:

So goodbye Affinity. Serif encouraged graphic designers for his program and he seems to give up.

Bye, if you are going, it's a shame as there is a lot more to come from the Affinity range. We have not given up we are just developing some bigger stuff

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

4 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

No

No

IT still does everything you bought it for.

Bye, if you are going, it's a shame as there is a lot more to come from the Affinity range. We have not given up we are just developing some bigger stuff

Good to hear, take heart doubting Thomas

13 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

5 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

These are some contradictions.
So there is no new information, but still quietly secret from all Affinity programs are developing.
An interesting way to promote software.
As I wrote before, I use Affinity for my professional work on a daily basis.
At the beginning of the development of this software, I actively participated in beta versions, suggesting ideas for improving the program, but I noticed that it does nothing anyway. I have the impression that Affinity developers are making the program, but not working on it! Users suggest ideas and corrections, but it also happens at such a snail's pace.
The last updates were only the fixes of the patches of the corrected patches. And I don't expect anything for free here.
I will be happy to pay a lot, much more money for the efficiently running Afinity software, even in version 1, if it is devoid of a lot of errors and flaws.
If Serif is working on a new version 2.0, it is enough to say and write that you are developing version 2, not that there is no information.
Thank you. Butryn Marek, Poland.

• Staff

When asked about a New Beta I said there was no news about a New Beta, and there is not.

When asked other questions I answered about that. There is no contradiction 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

13 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

Patrick, I appreciate the response and the later assurances that things are being worked on behind the scenes.  That's a relief for me. 

As to others on here, you know they release updates for all three products at the same time.  So, if they're working on a mega update it won't be released until it's ready for the entire suite of apps.  I think they collected a lot of information from all past beta waves and rather than releasing incremental packages I'm guessing they are doubling down on fixing as many issues as they can before the next release.  

I love the product,  can't wait to see what they do with it.  

Windows 10 x64 (OS Build 19043.1706) - AMD 5900X - 32 GB - 2 TB M.2 - 1 TB SSD - Radeon 6900XT

On the fact of a great product I do trust Serif for the Affinity line of Products.
Just one thing I personally hope is that, the Windows version of the app should work flawless or just as good as the Mac builds.
Back in the time I owned a MacBook and that's where I discovered the Affinity products and it was super cool even though my Mac was old i could actually without a problem, then my Mac died and in my country it would cost me a liver if I had to buy another Mac, the simple thing to do was to go back to PC and window; then I was surprised to see that it wasn't clearly the same feeling at all
So please @Patrick Connorand team, I'm not begging but just asking you to put some good work in place and make the windows version as good as the Mac version so wa can all enjoy the trip like equally

I appreciate your work and respect what you guys do, you've been in the hard time when the pandemic was hitting the planet and you offered such a unique possibility to artist and even hobbyist to not go mad during the hard times, so thank you but ... forget us not

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3

8 hours ago, Uncle Mez said:

On the fact of a great product I do trust Serif for the Affinity line of Products.
Just one thing I personally hope is that, the Windows version of the app should work flawless or just as good as the Mac builds.
Back in the time I owned a MacBook and that's where I discovered the Affinity products and it was super cool even though my Mac was old i could actually without a problem, then my Mac died and in my country it would cost me a liver if I had to buy another Mac, the simple thing to do was to go back to PC and window; then I was surprised to see that it wasn't clearly the same feeling at all
So please @Patrick Connorand team, I'm not begging but just asking you to put some good work in place and make the windows version as good as the Mac version so wa can all enjoy the trip like equally

I appreciate your work and respect what you guys do, you've been in the hard time when the pandemic was hitting the planet and you offered such a unique possibility to artist and even hobbyist to not go mad during the hard times, so thank you but ... forget us not

I am not sure what you mean. They are pretty much the same (Unless it is OS Specific Feature). I use Windows for my personal work and MAC at work and have not seem any major differences. To be fair to Serif, they have done their best to make sure they have the same "User Experience" where and when possible.

10 hours ago, Uncle Mez said:

Just a vague feeling I have from reading the forums, but I think there are equal numbers of Mac and Windows users reporting issues, possibly even more Mac users than Windows users.

Personally, I'm on Windows and not having any general problems, but my files aren't very complex.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

15 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

Just a vague feeling I have from reading the forums, but I think there are equal numbers of Mac and Windows users reporting issues, possibly even more Mac users than Windows users.

Personally, I'm on Windows and not having any general problems, but my files aren't very complex.

That might be why you aren't seeing any problems.  I'm working on a roleplaying revision of my 2016 release that I did in Page Plus and it's massively more complex.  The document sits around 700 pages & 300 megs at any given time and Affinity Publisher chokes randomly after 45 min to 2 hours.  The program just crashes.  I can usually recover most of the data with Affinity but it gets annoying to paranoia save the document constantly.  

Still, I wouldn't use anything else to create it.  Love Affinity Pub. 

On 6/9/2022 at 12:51 PM, Patrick Connor said:

If you write Bengali in Unicode or import a pdf, it would break down, the output would not come properly, Bengali scripts not working, please fix this.

On 6/11/2022 at 4:17 AM, SaltyClownShoes said:

The program just crashes.

I hope you have HW Acceleration turned off.

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

• Staff
4 minutes ago, Pšenda said:

I hope you have HW Acceleration turned off.

This is not a solution for the document SaltyClownShoes describes, which is a very very complex document pushing our memory management code, not our screen drawing code. 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

20 minutes ago, sifatboy said:

Document is not saved in the latest version, what is the solution?

If you're trying to save to an external/network drive try saving locally instead, for example, to your desktop. (And use a different filename.)

It might be better (and more likely to get useful replies) to start a new thread in the appropriate forum section, rather than tacking this post on to one about beta versions. 😉

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

1 hour ago, PaulEC said:

If you're trying to save to an external/network drive try saving locally instead, for example, to your desktop. (And use a different filename.)

It might be better (and more likely to get useful replies) to start a new thread in the appropriate forum section, rather than tacking this post on to one about beta versions. 😉

I tried to save to the desktop, even in different names, but also not saved. I will create a topic if I do not get solutions, thanks for replying to this topic 😉