You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Select concatenated text on two or more pages

Selecting concatenated text on two or more pages is difficult, sometimes works other no.

It doesn't matter how big the document is, even a document of a few pages presents this problem.

My configuration:
iMacPro 64 Gb RAM - 16 Gb AMD Vega -  1 Tb HD - MacOS 12.4
Affinity Publisher 1.10.5
I am attaching screen preferences set

Regards
Sandro

Schermata 2022-06-08 alle 21.32.53.png

You could try turning this off. It seems counterintuitive to turn off Hardware Acceleration but this thing causes all sorts of problems.

854426320_ScreenShot2022-06-08at12_45_30PM.png.a83bac1906a5c8f2b92cda5a82485614.png

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

11 minutes ago, rizzosan67 said:

Selecting concatenated text on two or more pages is difficult, sometimes works other no.

I've been doing a lot of selection like that recently, and I haven't had any problems as long as the text is in linked text frames. I just click at the start point, and drag my mouse to the end point.

What problems are you having when it doesn't work?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

I follow the same procedure (Walt.farrell) select the text from start to finish, passing through two or more pages, sometimes everything works, other times the last piece of text is not selected or is selected with a lax of delay. Now I will try to disable the Metal calculation.

9 minutes ago, rizzosan67 said:

indeed the complete selection appears only after moving the cursor page up or down.

This sounds like a redraw problem.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• 3 weeks later...

Do you get the same delay / issue with other methods of text selection, e.g. if you …

… don't select but just place the text cursor at the wanted text start –> then scroll down to the desired page –>  then press Shift + click at the end of text selection?

… select all text of all linked frames not by dragging but via key command?

… select all of all linked frames with a fivefold click at any point of the text?

And does it matter if you zoom out to see more than just 2 – 3 spreads in the main window while selecting the text? Like so…:

10166420_textselectionlinkedpages.thumb.jpg.894e404d4f4fad91a6c42b9b36d92495.jpg

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1