You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Perspective Grid Tool

Rikco

Hi,

I just bought Affinity Photo after I got used to Affinity Designer which I bought several weeks ago.

It would be awesome to have a perspective grid tool like the one in the drawing-ipad-app procreate.

I do not have an iPad Pro but I have the Wacom Cintiq 22HD and it would be great to have a flexible grid-tool like the one in procreate.

I have to admit, the Affinity tools are the best for designing! (I am an iOS/OSX Developer) and now "Sketch App" has dropped to no. 2 or 3 of my fav. apps :-)

Thx for making these great design-tools!

• 4 weeks later...

If/when you add or consider a perspective grid feature please make it easier to setup than the ai version. I just tried (and failed) to setup a simple 3 point perspective grid over top of a sketch. Couldn't figure it out and had to abandon it... too many things to click and move and half the time when I was getting close I just simply couldn't get it right or I would move something and the whole thing would shift. Very frustrating experience...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I tried the AI perspective grid in CS5. It wasn't that great to be honest, it was clunky and didn't do much to speed up the process.

And no one seems to know how 4-point or 5-point perspective works, AI only has rectilinear grids.

Pretty much every perspective that involves foreshortening can fairly easily be done using any vector graphics program since "rulers" and "compass" functions are the most basic tools you have in vector editors.

The ability to pick vanishing points outside the artboard that the pen might snap to might be useful though.

Can someone from Affinity please comment on this?  I see from other posts it's been repeatedly requested and years ago Affinity have commented that it was in their plans.  Please could you confirm what is currently possible with setting up 3 point perspective grids to facilitate drawing in perspective or when it might be implemented please?

Thanks

Chris

• Staff

Hi Chris,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Currently there's no 3 point perspective grid funcionality in Affinity Designer nor an eta for it.

For information about what's coming during the next months please check Affinity Designer's roadmap (it covers all 1.x cycle - features that were already implemented were deleted from the list). Sorry for not being of much help but that's all I know for now.