You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Presets to multiple photos for time-lapse purposes

• Staff

Hi SniperSteak,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

No, currently this is not possible. Those features are usually present in digital management (DAM) software like Lightroom. Affinity Photo doesn't manage libraries/groups of images, it's a RAW converter/developer and photo editor. We already announced a DAM solution for later.

Since actions/macros are not available yet, there's no easy way to do it at the moment.

• 5 weeks later...

I have been creating a lot of Time-lapse series, and have been relying on LRTimelapse working in tandem with LR. Essentially, when editing a timelapse series applying the exact preset is, in my experience, exactly what you would not want to do. Simply put there are always difference between each image (yes, even setting everything to manual on a DSLR) that will cause flickering and other annoying unsightly effects in the resulting timelapse video. Applying the same preset will not help you out here.

Not sure whether you guys at Serif (can't image you are not) are aware of LRTimelapse and the way it works, but it uses the xmp files to interface with LR creating a very functional and flexible workflow when editing sometimes multiple thousands of images. My latest project, a long term TL series of a construction had about 50K images as source :-( 

Maybe you could utilise a similar way of interfacing with other programmes? I believe the programmer of the LRTimelapse program could be interested.

I am curious for a DAM solution from you guys.

• 2 years later...