You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Empty Windows Remain Open

Whenever I close a document window without saving, and I then click OK in the dialog that asks me if I want to save the document, the document goes away, but the empty window is still there. I then have to close the empty window. This happens 100% of the time when the save reminder dialog pops up. If I close a window that doesn't need to be saved, the window closes normally. I'm using the mode with separate windows, I don't remember what that's called.

• Staff

Hi @John-B,

I've not been able to replicate this using separated mode after Pressing 'Dont Save' as the Window which contained my file is completely closed and i'm left with the toolbars and panels only, what version of MacOS are you running? Is Photo on v1.10.5?

If you could upload a screen recording demonstrating the issue that would also be beneficial 🙂.

On 6/6/2022 at 5:34 AM, NathanC said:

Hi @John-B,

I've not been able to replicate this using separated mode after Pressing 'Dont Save' as the Window which contained my file is completely closed and i'm left with the toolbars and panels only, what version of MacOS are you running? Is Photo on v1.10.5?

That is what happens for me as well. If you click Don't Save, the window goes away. It only remains if you click Save (I incorrectly said click OK in my OP, meaning the default).

Steps to reproduce:

• Open a document.
  • Edit the document, but don't Save.
  • Close the doc.
  • In the save reminder dialog, click Save.

The empty window remains every time for me.

Affinity Photo 1.10.5, Mac OS 12.4 (Apple Silicon).

• Staff

11 hours ago, John-B said:

That is what happens for me as well. If you click Don't Save, the window goes away. It only remains if you click Save (I incorrectly said click OK in my OP, meaning the default).

Thanks for clarifying, I've now confirmed this issue has been logged previously with the developers for resolution and added your report for consideration 🙂