You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Access to Affinity Photo from Lightroom

Hi Randyf79,

You can already do that, you just need to set Affinity Photo as the Eternal Editor from within Lightroom. I guess you know how to do that as you mentioned Ps CC as an option.

Allan

About me: Trainer at Apple, Freelance Video Editor, Motion Graphics Artist, Website Designer, Photographer. Yes I like creating things!!!

Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/mystrawberrymonkey/

Twitter: @StrawberryMnky  @imAllanThompson

Web: mystrawberrymonkey.com  Portfolio: behance.net/allanthompson

YouTube: Affinity Designer & Photo Tutorials

Thanks, Allan.

I was able to use "Preferences" to add it so it shows up as an option in the Photo menu.  However, when I complete working on the picture in Affinity Photo, when it asks to "Save" the picture...it looks for a folder to put it in rather than having it show up next to the original in Lightroom.  Is there something I need to do for this to happen?  When I save in Photoshop...it puts the edited version back in the same strip as the original in Lightroom.

Thanks for the prompt response!

rdf

There are a few who have had a similar experience, not sure what is different in the workflow compared to mine but when I hit save it saves the changes back to  Lightroom.

In fact as soon as I choose Edit in Affinity Photo from Lightroom it automatically duplicates the picture and that is what Affinity Photo is working on.

Allan

About me: Trainer at Apple, Freelance Video Editor, Motion Graphics Artist, Website Designer, Photographer. Yes I like creating things!!!

Allen,

I just did it again.  It does create a duplicate of the picture before switching from Lightroom to Affinity Photo.  I tried it with the preferences set to .PSD and .JPG for the duplicate file to see if that made any difference.  In both cases it creates the second picture with that format, then opens the file in Affinity Photo.

In both cases, when I click on the "close" button or choose "close" from the file menu in Affinity Pro, I get the dialogue box asking if I wish to save the file.  If I select "Save", that is when I get the dialogue box to choose a location for the file to go....rather than it saving the changes back to the copy on Lightroom.

rdf

Not sure what's happening then, i'm running...

Lightroom CC 2015.3

Affinity Photo 1.4

When I choose to edit in Affinity Photo I set it to Tiff, just tried JPG and works fine also. As soon as I hit SAVE it automatically saves the changes in Lightroom every single time.

post-9020-0-03814700-1450733498_thumb.png

Allan