You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Here is a WISH/and an angry PUKE about OWN layer, CHILD layer an CROP_Layer and MASK-Layer and FEX/Adjaustmenst-LAYER

Here is a WISH/and an angry PUKE about "Pixel/Image"  layer, CHILD layer an CROP_Layer and MASK-Layer and FX/Adjaustmenst-LAYER...

This is not a Feature- WISH  ... for me its a BIG-BUG in (design/concept... itself)... !

WHY can i not difference all this types of layers... by  a little color-symbol and if i click... i see its a "cropped "MASK " or its a "Child" MASK... this filter is a Cild of another filter/adjustmenst

WHY can i not SEE all Filter/Adjusts INSIDE a PIXEL_Layer at ONCE??? 

And why can the "Studio" can remember where i placed the the FX_Window at least and will it ALLWAYS bring to right-above????

And why is there no " preset" behavior like in Textural proceder... (Each kind of "prestes" uses its own "logic" ... even PT is not perfect... why no next/prev...buttons.. for fast "scroll"... Take a look of some music VST and how this "plugins" handel its presets... The "dominant stag" firms, like NI, Steinberg, Emagic... lost a BIG part of market.. because hungry young nerds made LOT of things better... Fast and elgegant Preset-HANDLING  and other FASTER workflow... was ONE of the part of sucsess... Dont become a DINO an think we are the BIGGEST...

For me, this are not feature-wiches... this are big bugs in (DESIGN)!!!!

OSX 12.5  / iMac Retina 27" / Radeon Pro 580X / Metall: on! --- WWG1WGA WW!

Nowt wrong with having a grumble when you find things aren't intuitive, Affinity definitely needs a lot of work to be a pro spec leader but I would put in a constructive feature request anyway.

As my dear little mama says "If you don't ask, you don't get"

The reference to audio plugins is an inspired one and maybe they can take a look at those to see what can be adopted and improved.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

1 hour ago, Polygonius said:

And why can the "Studio" can remember where i placed the the FX_Window at least and will it ALLWAYS bring to right-above????

Are you saying the FX adjustment window does not remember the last place on the screen you opened it or something else?

Also, what problems specifically are you having in identifying the various layer types as displayed in the Layers panel? Same question for seeing all the live filter & layer adjustments. For the latter, how would you like to see all of what could be a dozen or more of them at the same time? Even on a very large display there would not be enough space to show them all at once.

If you are going to make feature requests for such things it would be best if you can provide as much detail as possible for how you want them to work.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7