You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Export with spot color

Hi

I'm having an issue trying to export a PDF for a t-shirt print, with layers and Pantone color indication.

here are a few screen shots of the work, spot colors palette and export. The document is set as Japan CMYB but I only use spot colors.

attached is the PDF export file.

I don't understand what I'm doing wrong there.

Capture d’écran 2022-05-29 à 15.51.34.png

Capture d’écran 2022-05-29 à 15.51.50.png

Capture d’écran 2022-05-29 à 15.56.48.png

TSHIRT6-frontFinal6.pdf

Capture d’écran 2022-05-29 à 18.23.52.png

EDIT: no idea. Currently I am not able to create + export a pixel layer with spot color.

Since your exported PDF shows spot colours for parts of the page I seems not to be a matter of export settings but rather that the CMYK parts don't have spot colours assigned. But no idea about the squared 'logo2' element which is RGB black in the PDF. – Can you upload your .afpub?

1859726978_spotcolours.thumb.jpg.ecab3b70b001752aaa73de46a4dbfc0d.jpg

Edited by thomaso
misleading answer

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

37 minutes ago, thomaso said:

EDIT: no idea. Currently I am not able to create + export a pixel layer with spot color.

Since your exported PDF shows spot colours for parts of the page I seems not to be a matter of export settings but rather that the CMYK parts don't have spot colours assigned. But no idea about the squared 'logo2' element which is RGB black in the PDF. – Can you upload your .afpub?

1859726978_spotcolours.thumb.jpg.ecab3b70b001752aaa73de46a4dbfc0d.jpg

where is the menu showing the Pantones? that is actually one thing I was looking for.

A workaround could be to use black grayscale image resources + apply spot fill colours.

Or try this: Fill the pixels with black. Then choose menu Layer > Convert to Image Resource. This will allow you to assign a spot colour. (You also might check the "K only" button which can display a different result, depending on the initial pixel colours)

See also @lacerto's recipe:

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

21 hours ago, thomaso said:

A workaround could be to use black grayscale image resources + apply spot fill colours.

Or try this: Fill the pixels with black. Then choose menu Layer > Convert to Image Resource. This will allow you to assign a spot colour. (You also might check the "K only" button which can display a different result, depending on the initial pixel colours)

See also @lacerto's recipe:

thanks this helped me a lot, turning everything into image ressources tiff grayscale 8bit did it. I'm used to bitmap in indesign, I was thinking the same way, now it is all good