You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How not to select all the artboards when I'm trying to select the objects?

Hi. I've looked up to this topic but couldn't find a satisfactory result. I've tried using 'ctrl' while selecting and also enabled 'Select object when intersects with selection marquee' Nothing seems to work. Is there a solution to this problem? (Please check the .gif attached) Thanks in advance!

Animation.gif

Try Shift + Ctrl + Drag  on windows or Shift + Cmd + Drag on Mac  

Nah doesn't work if you encapsulate a full artboard

You can make multiple selections with the Shift key held down, thus avoiding whole artboards.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

• Staff

Hi @dehasan45,

Welcome to the Affinity Forums :)

When drag-selecting in Affinity Designer, Artboards will always be selected - however if you wish to select all the objects on the Artboards and not the Artboards themselves, simply use CTRL/CMD + A or Select > Select All.

I hope this helps!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Thanks for the reply. But there should be an option to lock the artboards without the objects in it. CTRL/CMD+A will select all the objects. What if we had to select some specific objects! This is pretty annoying to be honest.

Edited by dehasan45

• Staff

No problem at all, thanks for your feedback regarding this - I'll move your thread to the Feature Request section of our Forums, for our devs to see and consider adding such an option in a future update!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!