You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can Export Persona presets be embedded in the document?

…so the next person editing the file can quickly pick from the drop down without guessing the right settings for their edits, or, is saving panel preferences limited to palettes? 

I'm finishing a big document meant to be shared and further edited and this, if possible, would help enormously.

Thanks.  💾

As far as I am aware, the Export Persona presets are application-bound – like document presets and preferences – so there’s no way to copy them from machine to machine (except maybe some non-official propcol modification work).

Rather than the presets being bound to (saved with) a document, might it not be better if they could be exported and imported like, for example, brushes or palettes?
That way, you could create a set of export presets which could be copied to any machine and used with any document.

I got reeally lost for a minute there. Yeah, my bad. That's what I poorly tried to explain, sort of exporting/importing palettes, but you know how you can import three types of palettes? (document, application, and I forgot). The document's one, so the whole thing would stay self-contained. Not so much exporting but embedding it. If you think about it, just like the color palettes, Export Persona settings/presets can be split into app-side (e.g; file format settings) and documents-side too (e.g; path/filename composition, export file formats/scales-per-format).

I'd love if that was possible, maybe it is if there's some way of hacking/piggybacking on the Xcode options--it seems like it does just that. I don't use Xcode so it's nothing but speculation though.