You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Well in AP there is also an option that i can set Pen-STROKES into a "brush". But i dosent work, or at least i found no way!

I guess you need vector-brushes for stunts like this, and AP does not have. So for what this "option  in  the stroke area is for???

Any possibility that stroke-"BREAK"(Curves goes into another direction)  this "connected" points get/became automatically an (auto circle/rectangel...  or other stuff like this)...  I mean, i am in Straight-mode... and every time i set a point and change the direction... JUST THIS POINT(s)  becomes special forms...

Too Abstract? Have you ever seen some "diagrams" to visualize some, dozen's, hundreds... of  NETWORK(connecting) POINTS as  "one" "Stroke"????  Thats what i mean! 

Thank you! 

OSX 12.5  / iMac Retina 27" / Radeon Pro 580X / Metall: on! --- WWG1WGA WW!

5 minutes ago, Polygonius said:

Well in AP there is also an option that i can set Pen-STROKES into a "brush". But i dosent work, or at least i found now way!

I guess you need vector-brushes for stunts like this, and AP does not have. So for what this "option  in  the stroke area is for???

Any possibility that stroke-"BREAK"(Curves goes into another direction) -Point get automatically an (auto circle/rectangel...  or other stuff like this)...  I mean, iam in Straight-mode... and every time i change set a point an change the direction... JUST THIS POINT(s)  i wish to handle like Dotted-lines...

Too Abstract? Have you ever seen some "diagrams" to visulazie some, 1doznes, hundres... of  NETWORK POINTS? Thats what i mean! 

Thank you! 

Is this post supposed to follow on from another post? It seems to follow on from something else! If so, it would be better if it was in the same thread, so we know what was said before.

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

11 minutes ago, PaulEC said:

Is this post supposed to follow on from another post? It seems to follow on from something else! If so, it would be better if it was in the same thread, so we know what was said before.

It is not. But if you mean it would be better to post it there... please give the original LINK to combine booth! 

12 minutes ago, Polygonius said:

I guess you need vector-brushes for stunts like this, and AP does not have. So for what this "option  in  the stroke area is for??

Yes, that requires a vector brush.

The option is there because you can open a file created with Designer in Photo, so you'd at least need to be able to see that the option is set.

Probably you should only be able to turn it off in Photo, though.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

2 minutes ago, Polygonius said:

It is not. But if you mean it would be better to post it there..

You worded like it was a continuation. 

"Well, in AP there is also an option ...".

That sounds like you were discussing something somewhere else, and had an additional thought. :)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Thanks WF.

Maybe i should by AD too and for now-selling 25€ its best price ever for such brilliant app...

BUT..  i´m waiting untill they have implement at least the functions from the FREE KNOB_MAN_TOOL from 2011 (that was/is an free-internet-"App")... too create animation-stripes (in 64, 128, 256.... frames (= just Power-duplicate...() as long i NEED this 2011 (free web tool, too create simply stuff like this) SERIF does not get any cent from me... any "designer-app" without some function is ridiculous for me.

24 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

You worded like it was a continuation. 

"Well, in AP there is also an option ...".

That sounds like you were discussing something somewhere else, and had an additional thought. :)

Well, german ALSO and english ALSO seams often/sometimes to be the same, but sometimes to be strange different...

Do you belive all this EXTRA_confussing ist "natural"? Or by God??? Will anyone from today anyone in the future of the  brave new order understand? Geramen-gender-langugeue --- i LITERALLY just  understand parts... if this freaks speak/slang to eachother ...is this natutral or is this "some" people-forced-BABYLON???? 

21 minutes ago, Polygonius said:

Well, german ALSO and english ALSO seams often/sometimes to be the same, but sometimes to be strange different...

For whatever it is worth, I have always understood the German word „also“ to be equivalent to “so” in English. The English word “also” means “additionally” („zudem“).

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

18 hours ago, Alfred said:

For whatever it is worth, I have always understood the German word „also“ to be equivalent to “so” in English. The English word “also” means “additionally” („zudem“).

Thanks. Yeah thats "wonderful" example of the confusing Traps/FINESSE with so called "false friends" ;-)

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2022 at 2:21 PM, Polygonius said:

In German + English "also" never has the same meaning – but it can sound that way when both meanings seem possible without changing the content. For instance:

"I dreamed that the doorbell rang but I could not move. Also I could not open the door."

What you call "false friends" exist not only between two languages but also already within German, when words have several meanings. Often it is very helpful to simply skip (omit, avoid, not use) these words to create more clarity. For example, "AP has the ability to set pen strokes ..." expresses what you wanted to say, with fewer opportunities for confusion. "Well" + "also" were unnecessary and redundant.

Besonders im Forum verwirren Füllwörter und Floskeln eher, weil der Leser kaum erkennen kann, ob sie verwendet wurden, um etwas Bestimmtes auszudrücken. Hier haben Paul und Walt dein "also" als bedeutsam verstanden … was sie auf die falsche Fährte geführt hat. Dabei spielt das Missverständnis der Übersetzung gar keine Rolle, denn auch mit "folglich" oder "daher" – anstatt "auch" – konnte es irreführend sein.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1