You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Need help changing logo into transparent different color logo to place on photo

I am new to all the Affinity programs. My search here and via Google hasn't offered a complete answer. I make handbags and post photos of them. I created a logo that is black on a white background. If there is a white background on the photo I can place the logo without issues. However, I would like the white background to be either transparent or a different color. I also would like to change the black design into a different color. I could use either Photo or Designer - if I know what to do! TIA

Hi!

I have a similar problem, using a colored Logo on transparent background. I can change it with the filler to all colors, except white!

Of course, white is exactly what I want (for use on a dark background)

How can I turn my logo just white?

Thanks!

6 hours ago, AZShimmers said:

I am new to all the Affinity programs. My search here and via Google hasn't offered a complete answer. I make handbags and post photos of them. I created a logo that is black on a white background. If there is a white background on the photo I can place the logo without issues. However, I would like the white background to be either transparent or a different color. I also would like to change the black design into a different color. I could use either Photo or Designer - if I know what to do! TIA

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Can you upload an example file?

to make any color transparent, you can use the blend range (cog wheel symbol in layers panel) and add a node at source at the desired lightness value, drag it down.

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

45 minutes ago, Snoogens said:

Hi!

I have a similar problem, using a colored Logo on transparent background. I can change it with the filler to all colors, except white!

Of course, white is exactly what I want (for use on a dark background)

How can I turn my logo just white?

Thanks!

Hi and welcome. Could you please open a new separate thread, and upload an example image?

It gets complicated if we mix multiple cases in this thread.

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

These are actions for Affinity Photo:

1. Select a layer with your logo, Filters > Erase White Paper
2. Layer > New Adjustment Layer > Recolour

26 minutes ago, AZShimmers said:

Here's the logo in jpg. I think I need it to be png to have the transparency.

Transparency in your PNG would be a good & flexible way, also grayscale instead of RGB can be helpful (e.g. if you want to colorize it).
But, depending on your goal, both not a must … here an example with layer blend mode "Add" + an "Invert" adjustment.

1434770251_addblendmodeinvert.jpg.a17dac319755d3a043d7f3ce9f6ee5dc.jpg

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

Alternatively, a vector version can be used.

I don't know which Affinity applications you have. Attached is an Affinity Designer file that can be opened in any of the Affinity applications. Though it is an AD file, I opened it in APhoto, copied the group and pasted it in APhoto. It will need resized and moved around. It can be made any color.

Untitled.jpg.609fd722d56721fc251c4a7c3ce4e109.jpg

quirky-lady-logo.afdesign

• 4 weeks later...