You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Error when export digital pdf with fill tool using bitmap.

Hello guys.

I've created a  background in a master page with fill tool using a png image of a noise (ruido-pergaminho.png).

image.png.963fce906afa47be125784e48a2f1818.png

The real size: 

image.png.f3847ed65df90a025b6682983594ec7b.png

In the document editor, it was applied correctly, as shown below

image.png.ec2021e630b7dd0075c58bbbe23e1bcb.png

image.png.47d8bd7dcc60ee0bf7188f44b55e8966.png

But, when i export it to pdf, digital high quality, it doesn't fill the page, only shows the original png in the center of page.

I don't know if it's a bug or a miss configuration by me, can you help me?

image.png.f5a7d0ab82131f592f0650f7e08acf62.png

ruido-pergaminho.png

• Staff

Hi @Ronaldo Hoch,

Thanks for the file.

On looking into this further, this is actually a bug, which we already have logged with the Dev team.  Thankfully there is a simple fix to get it to export correctly.  If select the object with the bitmap fill and rotate the fill slightly, then export to PDF, it will export correctly.  Also explains why i couldn't replicate it, as i was rotating the fill i was using.

I've updated the report with a link back to this thread so we can update you when its been resolved :) 

4 minutes ago, stokerg said:

Thankfully there is a simple fix to get it to export correctly.  If select the object with the bitmap fill and rotate the fill slightly, then export to PDF, it will export correctly.

Or simply rasterise the Picture Frame.

----------
Windows 10 / 11, Complete Suite Retail and Beta

9 minutes ago, stokerg said:

Hi @Ronaldo Hoch,

Thanks for the file.

On looking into this further, this is actually a bug, which we already have logged with the Dev team.  Thankfully there is a simple fix to get it to export correctly.  If select the object with the bitmap fill and rotate the fill slightly, then export to PDF, it will export correctly.  Also explains why i couldn't replicate it, as i was rotating the fill i was using.

I've updated the report with a link back to this thread so we can update you when its been resolved :) 

Ooh, it worked :)

Thank you!

• 2 months later...

I'm having the same problem (and, unfortunately, not with a design that can be rotated).  Even stranger, it's not consistent.  My entire document consists of pages that are patterned, all with fills made exactly the same way.  Some of them export exactly as they should, and some of them only export with the one original pattern-source square filled.  (Below are screenshots of two pages from the same document.)

peacock-sample.png

• 1 year later...

Was this bug not fixed??? As you can see in the attached images, the export is only exporting the original .png and not the bitmap fill. Any suggestions?

@stokerg you mention to rotate the fill... in this case, I can't rotate the fill and get the desired result; but in any case, how do you rotate the fill "after" you have set the fill. In Inkscape (I use both), I can easily click on the fill, and the "fill" adjustment nodes are there; in Affinity Designer, the adjustment nodes seem to be gone forever once I have clicked off of the bitmap fill. If I want to adjust the fill, I have to re-fill the area with the bitmap image. Is there a way to adjust the fill after?

Screenshot2024-01-09141640.thumb.png.5249c6363e06dca8d6e0fcc115e00094.png

Screenshot 2024-01-09 141745.png

Hi @stokerg Maybe this bug tag should be converted to the new system.

Tzvi 9_9

Lenovo IdeaPad 5 Ryzen 7 5700U Rx Vega 8 graphics 

16GB RAM (15.3 usable) 

Acer KB202 27in 1080p monitor

Affinity Photo 1.10.6

Affinity photo 2 2.4.0 Affinity Designer 2 2.4.0 Affinity Publisher 2 2.4.0 on Windows 11 Pro version 23H2

Beta builds as they come out.

canon 80d| sigma 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 DC MACRO OS HSM | Tamron SP AF 28-75mm f/2.8 XR Di LD | Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM Autofocus APS-C Lens, Black