You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher crash after opening file saved in previous version - do we have any general link where to send such files?

Hi there,

I have file created in previous version of Publisher. When opened in current version, Publisher crashes in few seconds. I would like to send it to developers to fix the bug causing this. Is there any general dropbox link we can upload such files? Or I need to open extra ticket for each file?

I do not want to post file here as it might quite big or it might contain pieces of licenced work etc.

• Staff

Hi @lexislav

We’re sorry to hear that your Affinity document is no longer opening for you. Please attach the file to the dropbox link below and we’ll take a look to see if we can recover any of its contents.
https://www.dropbox.com/request/gTC8UTpPL6HxX4pfkCpi

We would also like some additional information to see if we can work out the cause of the problem and stop it happening in future. To assist this process, as well as uploading your file, please can you also tell us the following: 

1. Which Operating System are you using? 

2. Which version of Affinity did the file last get saved in? 

3. What drive type was the file last saved to (select more than one if needed)? 

• Local disk 
  • USB disk/Flash disk 
  • Google Drive folder 
  • OneDrive folder 
  • iCloud folder 
  • Dropbox folder 
  • Network location 
  • Other (please specify) 

4. Any other information you think would help us try to find the problem 

We suggest that you check to see if you have any backups of the document available in case we’re unable to recover the file. The investigation process can take some time, but we’ll be back in contact with our findings. 

Hi @EmT

thanks for reply. I have upload one of the files to the dropbox mentioned above.

Problem description:

I can open the file. Then I am prompted about the missing resource. WHatever I do, the end is the same: Publisher crashes shortly after opening the file.

Additional informations:

• Currently I am running Publisher 1.10.5
  • on Mac OS Monterey 12.4
  • Unfortunatelly I do not track the app versions for each file. But the file was created in 2019, last update was on 2020. My Affinity products ar always uptodate, so it should be easier to tell what was the version.
  • the file is saved on external SSD harddrive connected trought the USB3
  • the file uses google fonts, some local fonts bought from Suitecase foundry.
  • the file reuses some other afdesign or afpub files

If You need any more info, just let me know and thanks for your work.