You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi, I'm a new user of Affinity Designer. I would like to have an editable and non-uniform feather feature for my shapes, I didn't see anything like this in Designer (if there is a tool or a way to do it, please show me where I can find it).

Is there a way to do a feather in the same way Nuke can do it with the Roto node? (Roto node: it allows you to create and edit Bezier and B-spline shapes, and you can also add feathering to individual points).

image.png.51be6e2697fb2cb9f9971010b6baef5d.png

After Effects has a similar approach with the mask feather tool:
image.png.b0baa045a66a3f6014e7bb6ac61b766e.png

If it's not possible in the actual version, Is it a feature that may be included in future versions of Affinity Designer?

And thanks a lot for this great software.

Regards.

Edited by JoseLuis

Hi,

There is no exact alternative, but the Affinity Photo has a non-destructive "Field Blur". It is a "live filter", which means that it will act in a non-destructive way.
After creating the "Field Blur" you can move and edit all the objects underneath it.

The live filter appears in the Layers panel as a layer, and acts on all layers/objects below it. You can also isolate the effect with a group, or by applying it only to the selected object.

All live filters created in Affinity Photo can be edited in Affinity Designer

In this example, I first selected an object and then applied a live filter. So, the filter will act only on this object:

But you can also pull that filter out of that object, and apply it to another object or group:

Field_Blur.afphoto