You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Purchased LUTs and Watercolor effects, auto installed, BUT they do not show up

I purchaced Ivan Weiss's LUTs and DAUB Watercolors. I elected to auto install. I cannot use them or even find them. For the LUTS I go to the application pane/LUT and select the gear and then get a file selection pane. I HAVE NO CLUE AS TO WHERE TO FIND THEM. I have searched my machine from top to bottom. Searched from within Affinity Photo. Searched from the Desktop using Spotlight. Searched a directory at a time by hand. They are no where to be found.

What do I do. To be honest this is not the first conent I have purchased and other than some fonts, I have not been able to find or use ANY of it.

The LUTs will be in the Adjustment studio panel, where you would scroll down to LUT, then click on the category dropdown to find his LUTs:

image.png.c470e8ca40c356a42b311e343420e2da.png

For the Daub Watercolor & Washes, you'll have Brushes in the Brushes panel:

image.png.b5787268424d384d847422f64e68c072.png

and one set of Assets in the Assets panel (View > Studio > Assets😞

image.png.4beceef912e2700c72d04a594dacd1f0.png

You can use the My Accounts dialog within the application to make sure the items are actually downloaded, and if you expand the pack there you'll see what you got. Hovering over the icons at the front of each entry tells you what the items are.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

I also bougt Overlays and the LUT's and installed them. With the Overlays and Brushes, I have no problem. But I can't use the LUT's. I know, where I stored them  (Ivan-weiss-top-9-lut-pack.afluts) but when I go to adjustments - LUT - load Lut .... there is nothing to include. Affinity is only looking for *.3dl, *cc, *ccc.

What's wrong here?

I have to correct myself. I bought Daub brushes (Watercolor and Washes), but I can't find none from the Stroke Sheet that's listet in my Konto. I have some Daub W&W - Bristles, but that's from another purchase.

Where can I find my purchased Items? Please help.

1 hour ago, Sabeva said:

W&W - Bristles,

That one is from Daub Watercolors & Washes. That's what W&W stand for. 

Did you have My Account install them? Or did you download and install manually? In either case, did you install all of the brush categories forum the pack?

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

Hi Walt, thanks for your reply. I thought so too, but when I compare what I have and what's in the Stroke Sheet, it's a total different matter.

I have: Daub W&W - Bristles:              128      Wide Fading Brush,             180      Flat Water Bristles,             180      Bleeding Water Bristle,             220      Flat Bristles Resist,

140      Water Trails,             200      Almost Gouache,             220      Wide Bristles,             64        Mellow Dynamic,             128      Broken Stuff,

64        Mellow Dry

Here the first ones from the Stroke Sheet: Fine Dynamic Dilution, High Dilution, Wet and Soft, Medium Density, Fine to Spatter, Fading Water, Harsh Water Brush, Harsh Water Detailer

and so on. Can't be the same?

I downloaded the LUTs and unzipped them first, but then I activated them with my account. There was another download and the installation, but I can't find them with the adjustments .. Lut ...

Best regards

Erika

Konto.jpg

I found the solution for the LUTs. I downloaded the .zip-version and unziped. Now I have .cube-files which I can include in Affinity. I first downloaded the .afluts which don't work with Affinity.

Does someone knows, why the names of Daubs W&W files differ?

Best regards

19 hours ago, Sabeva said:

I first downloaded the .afluts which don't work with Affinity.

They are Affinity files, and they do work with the Affinity applications. You just need to know how to use them, as you do not apply them from an adjustment dialog. Instead,

image.png.53ec0894d148c62a30b17f672128eae8.png

-- Walt
PC:

19 hours ago, Sabeva said:

Does someone knows, why the names of Daubs W&W files differ?

Are you asking about the brush names (from the Stroke guide) or the files?

The files are correct, as far as I can see. The Stroke guide seems to show examples that are not organized into the same categories as the actual brushes, and the category names are not given. I have no idea why the order and categorization in the Stroke guide doesn't seem to match the file layout.

If you meant the files: If you install the Daub Watercolors & Washes via the My Account Dialog, you'll get:

image.png.df6f2deda424fd137bae0447f2bcbc92.png

And then, within the Brushes panel, you'll have:

image.png.b765cf41dcd0be4220cb0105ef8e8d22.png

All those names match.

It sounds like you downloaded things manually from your Store account, rather than installing automatically. In that case, in the Store account you would have:

image.png.9e1d47b06442a500816f9de918a94e19.png

and, for example, clicking on Download for Blenders would get you the file daub-w&w-blenders.afbrushes.

You would need to download and install each of the files.

The file names match.

-- Walt
PC:

A note from my side - don't know if it's important in this case: You have to look what brushes are meant for what app. If you e.g. install Pixel-Brushes to Designer, they will not appear in Designers Brushlist, but in the Brushlist of the Pixel Persona. If you install Vector Brushes to Photo, they will not appear anywhere, even a message tells you that they are successfully installed, because Photo can't work with vector brushes.

Thank's a lot! I never knew about LUTs before, but with your help, I got everything managed.

@walt.farrell: I have the W&W files, how you described. I just don't know, why the names of the brushes I've got are different from the stroke sheet. But it's ok. Don't bother further.

Thank's and greetings to my aides!

Erika

Hi Erika,

15 hours ago, Sabeva said:

I just don't know, why the names of the brushes I've got are different from the stroke sheet.

Could you please share a screenshot of this?

Names are be perfectly aligned with strokesheets

image.png.76dffe8174e83a9de9dba08b90180ad4.png

image.png.f913595936435a9e112e4145d40f0405.png

Also filenames shared with Serif are the very same

image.png.779edc352b63587ca72ed635356971b5.png

Did they decide to rename the .afbushes because of the "&" and "-" maybe?

Cheers,

Paolo

The white dog, making tools for artists, illustrators and doodlers

The Stroke Sheet delivered by Serif is very different, @paolo.limoncelli.

Here's a screenshot of the first page, where you can see that the brush category visible in your screenshot is not shown, for example. I like your arrangement much better :) 

BC0C7848-C75C-4E21-AF68-397512E67B5A.png

-- Walt
PC: