• Create a Text box
  • Double Click on Text to highlight
  • Right click and select Interactive > Add Anchor
  • The selected text is used as the Anchor text
  • Check in Anchor panel that Anchor is created
  • Double Click on Text to highlight
  • Right click and select new option Interactive > Anchor Properties
  • Edit the text
  • Check in Anchor panel - another Anchor is created - so two Anchors even though you intended only one but edited it. See screen shot showing this stage.
  • Double Click on Text again to highlight
  • Right click and select Interactive > Delete Anchor
  • Check in Anchor panel and the first Anchor with original text has been deleted.

Each time you edit Anchor Properties a new anchor is created - so you must continually delete the old one.

The correct behaviour should be that when you select Anchor Properties that you are changing the existing anchor - and not just piling a new one on top of the old one.

The correct menu item name to edit an Anchor Property should be Edit Anchor Properties - so that it is clearer that this is where you can change Anchors. 

FEATURE REQUESTS

1. Alternatively you should be able to edit an Anchor Property in the Anchor Panel.

2. The Anchor Panel should display the Anchors in the page order on which they appear - not alphabetically. Or alternatively there should be a sort option.

3. When you select Export Anchors as Bookmarks in the PDF export dialog it would be nice if this was persistent and when you restart Publisher that this option is remembered.

The reason I use Anchors at all is in order to create Bookmarks in PDF exports - this is a requirement for submitting PDFs to governmental bodies in my country. This is the main reason I use Publisher in fact - so I can generate the book marks and manage the pages in my submissions.

It would be even more helpful if there was an option for Anchors act as Page Bookmarks - some PDF readers scroll to the text that the anchor is attached to - so if the anchor is applied to text at the bottom of the page (because that's there the text is in an illustration) the PDF reader scrolls too far.

Anchors.jpg

Oops - I should confirm my system: -

Publisher version 1.10.5
MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2018, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports)
2.7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
488 GB free space
MacOS Monterey - 12.2.1 (21D62)

• Staff

Hi DHI, 

Welcome to the forums :)
Thanks for reporting this bug I have logged it with our developers to be fixed in a future version. In regards to your Feature Requests I recommend making a separate post in our Feature Requests section.

Thanks
C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.