You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• 3 months later...
On 9/18/2022 at 8:32 PM, VectorWhiz said:

I left Corel and Adobe for Affinity and never looked back, while they're not even buried yet. I never used Serif's old programs, but I am pleased with the current ones.

Same here. And I'll add in QuarkXpress. Quark seemed to be rebounding and on the way to establishing a foothold and then, like Adobe, went all wonky with pricing plans and upgrades. For whatever Affinity may lack at the moment, I'm NEVER going back to Adobe. Affinity programs just keep getting better.

I used PagePlus and DrawPlus for many years. (Still do, occasionally!) I've also used PhotoPlus, MoviePlus, and WebPlus to a much lesser extent. Most of my "working life" I used Photoshop for photo editing. Now I use the Affinity suite, and I can honestly say that, despite a few bugs and missing features, I much prefer Affinity to any of the other software I used previously!

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

5 hours ago, dannyg9 said:

Same here. And I'll add in QuarkXpress. Quark seemed to be rebounding and on the way to establishing a foothold and then, like Adobe, went all wonky with pricing plans and upgrades. For whatever Affinity may lack at the moment, I'm NEVER going back to Adobe. Affinity programs just keep getting better.

Yeah, I used InDesign up until the subscription rip off program and Quark (that I also used a very long time ago) to replace InDesign. Then Quark began ripping off clients by offering them no support at all and scamming them with payment obligations that border on criminal activity. So, I'll just wait until the functionality of Publisher will be improved too, which I'm sure Serif will do at some point in time. But Adobe and Quark: Never again.

Home: https://vectorwhiz.com  : : : :  Portfolio blog: https://communicats.blogspot.com

From the Plus range, I only checked out Photo Plus years ago, on Windows XP, as far as I remember. Unfortunately, even I liked it,  it was a bit slow on my computer. I also worked with Quark XPress 3 - 5), Photoshop (5 - CC), Freehand, Illustrator, CorelDraw and InDesign. And also GIMP, Inkscape and Scribus. I also used Photo Impact for some years, that had some fine features, especially for GIF-animations, but I didn't like its layer management, as far as I remember. Somewhere in the 1990es I also learned Pagemaker for a short time, while I studied at the Art College. But I can't really remember how it worked. At the moment I'm very glad to have Affinity Photo, Designer and Publisher. I still work with GIMP and Inkscape too, but the Affinity apps,  besides ArtRage 6, that is my fave for painting, are the ones I work with the most time. Damn cool software! Hope it will never go the same way as Adobe, Quark and Corel did.