You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

PDFs with all printing marks active are not vertically centered

This was noticed as I was sending a job in two languages (you send one document for each language and are printed half upside down so the document has a correct cover for each language). Printshop noticed that they can't do imposition because documents where not centered vertically so bleeding and cut marks didn't match on turning the 2nd language upside-down,

After studying the issue, we have noticed that if you only set trim and registration marks, it centers perfectly, but if you add colour bars and page info, the content gets sightly displaced. Not sure what of the two is causing the misaligning. On regular jobs this will be not an issue, but unfortunately here we do a lot of bilingual design that requires that kind of printing.

The used setting are X-1a:2003 with all printing marks active. The solving settings are using just cut and register markings.

If you need documents to check it, i can provide through a Dropbox upload link (Sorry, I can't post it here due to customer request)