You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Automatic saving of versions of current document as in many other Mac OS X apps

I'd like to see support for native Mac OS X version control.

Many apps automatically save versions of documents as you work on them. At any time, you can browse through document versions and go back to an older version. You can also explicitly save a version.

A version is saved automatically every hour, or more frequently when you’re making many changes. A version is also saved when you open, save, duplicate, lock, rename, or revert a document.

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH14378

Yes, Andy I would find it very useful.  I like how with modern OS X apps I can shut my computer down and all the files just close without asking me if I want to save anything and then all the files reopen when I start the computer up again. Having versions would be nice too. Affinity has a great history panel but I believe a file's old versions will still stay around even after closing the file down which would provide additional functionality. I would also like the duplicate, rename, move to, menu options as well as the ability to change the title and tags by clicking on the menu bar.

• 2 years later...