You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

11 minutes ago, Phil_rose said:

That's amazing but I'm not seeing how you made the mask for the face, am I missing something? Thanks! 

Do you mean "Unsharp Mask"? That's a Live Filter that is used to sharpen images or layers. I don't think that he used another mask.

On 5/20/2022 at 12:43 AM, Dazmondo77 said:

I'd always approach this sort of thing by using Blend Ranges which has always given me decent results when doing this sort of thing - see vid:

Screen Grab 2022-05-20 at 8.35.28 am.mov

On 5/20/2022 at 12:43 AM, Dazmondo77 said:

I'd always approach this sort of thing by using Blend Ranges which has always given me decent results when doing this sort of thing - see vid:

Screen Grab 2022-05-20 at 8.35.28 am.mov

Hi. I'm having trouble because when I choose a DAUB Blender it changes the paint brush to the smudge tool. What brush did you use in the first place?

Thanks!

I like turtles!

Windows 11

Sony A7iii

Sony A7riii

Sony A7Rii

Sony RX10 Mkiii

Canon G5x

Mavic Mini drone

A partridge

A pear tree (occupied)

www.philrosephoto.com

10 minutes ago, Phil_rose said:

Hi. I'm having trouble because when I choose a DAUB Blender it changes the paint brush to the smudge tool. What brush did you use in the first place?

Thanks!

Brushes can be associated to certain tools. You can find the setting for it in the Brush Editing Dialogue ("More" or double click on the brush) at the bottom. It is called "Associated Tool". You can easily change that if you want. But I suppose this certain brush might be designed especially for this tool.

Dazmondo77 seemed to work with a simple halfway soft basic round brush, as far as I see. But he could of course give more reliable informations.

4 hours ago, Phil_rose said:

I'm having trouble because when I choose a DAUB Blender it changes the paint brush to the smudge tool.

Can't you just switch back to the Paint Brush Tool at that point?

Answer (after experimenting): No, you can't. I never knew that.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

3 hours ago, Phil_rose said:

Hi. I'm having trouble because when I choose a DAUB Blender it changes the paint brush to the smudge tool.

Open the DAUB brushes settings the brush is likely associated with the smudge tool...

image.png.32ffc8383f89149165b7e80221cf29dc.png

You could duplicate the brush and set the duplicate to the Paint Brush Tool.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

On 5/21/2022 at 2:10 PM, Phil_rose said:

That's amazing but I'm not seeing how you made the mask for the face, am I missing something? Thanks! 

The mask is just the original pixel layer which is grouped (so you can add raster or vector to the mask) then dragged to to the right of the group of vector colours to mask.

The shortcut for accessing the elements within the "Multi Mask" (what I like to call em) (must be on the move tool "v" and have the multi mask selected )works with either: ctrl - cmd and mouse click or just cmd and right mouse click (that's for Mac - not sure about Windows shortcuts?)- you can then select elements from within the multi mask via the regular alt cmd [ ] shortcut to cycle through the layers

here's another mess about vid that probably explains it better:

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk