You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Does your AD on Ipad use too much storage space?

Hello everyone. I was just wondering how much does your copy usually use up of your Ipad storage space? Mine uses 34.6 GB for 20 opened projects, and I think It's quite extensive. Some projects are only tens of Mbs when saved to a folder, some are few hundred Mbs, but anyway 34 Gb is a bit too much for only 20 different files on my 128 Gb Ipad Pro.

I'm not even sure should I even have all these projects opened at all times, or should I close them after saving to folder? I'm curious how do you manage your workspace.

I prefer AD over Procreate even for simple drawings, because AD is just so much more versatile application for designing. But Procreate doesn't use nearly as much space as AD.

Anyway, thanks for reading.

Hi @Mandu,

Unfortunately the size of AD sometimes jump to a ridiculous size, as shown in old forum posts like this one:

I’m sure you already know about this, but the only way to deal with it is to save/backup all the newly imported brushes, assets, styles or projects, erase and reinstall the app. Nothing else helps, as far as I know.

StudioLink 256gb 11’ M1 iPad Pro

iPadOS 17 Public Beta 1

iPad Magic Keyboard

Thank you for point out to that topic. I searched the forums but I wasn't aware of that. By skimming through it, I learned that problem mostly happens due to too many 'opened' files. I will save and close them and see what happens. Thanks for the reply.