You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Microsoft store or Serif Store? I plan to buy 2 (or 3) licenses for PC

Hi 

I am moing into Game Dev on Unreal Engine 5 and still need texture and 2D edits and bought 1 new PC with Geforce RTX3070 and have a older one for private family photo editing with a Geforce RTX 2060

1) - Can I use all 3 serif PC licenses on both (or even 3) PC? (I plan on buying a 3rd PC laptop for on the go away from the family on a Café work.

2) - Do I buy then at the Serif store (the old way) or at the Microsoft Store?  What are your pros and cons?

Thanks for making software with no monthly strings - been Photoshop-ing since 1995 and shifted in 2017 to Affinity Photo (hard shift but worth it with all your great updates)

I have all 3 licenses for the Mac already and love them - buy Unreal Engine 5 does NOT run well on Mac just yet  (waiting for the M2 see if Apple bumps up the 3D game performance. 

The 3 Mac licenses I bought from the Apple Store and I have no problem using them on both my Maxed out older intel IImac and Macbook air.  

I tried to read this legal https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/licence/ but well my creative brain did not go to law school. 

Hi, @JDExPlorer

I recommend that you buy from the Serif Affinity Store, as this is the only place where you can downgrade to an earlier version if a newer version of the programmes does not work with your hardware.

For licensing questions please read here:

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

Affinity Suite V 2.4 & Beta 2.(latest)
Better translations with: https://www.deepl.com/translator  
Interested in a robust (selfhosted) PDF Solution? Have a look at Stirling PDF

Life is too short to have meaningless discussions!

• Staff

@JDExPlorer

You need to buy a separate Windows version to install on Windows or a Mac version to install on the Mac. Each version is purchased independently and each has its own licenses.

When buying from us you can install the Windows version on as many PCs as you personally control. Likewise the Mac version can be installed on as many Macs as you control. 

The Microsoft Store will allow you to install on ten machines, please contact them directly for the full terms of use.
Apart from the installation/update method and the fact that the Microsoft version is sandboxed, the two versions are basically the same

Thank you so much for the fast answers :)

I will definitely buy directly from the Serif store  :)
- access to older versions
- Install on my (my wife thinks to many) personal PCs

and I guess I support Serif even more by buying directly

Love Jess Denmark 

'Might be worth adding that the Affinity store has a half price sale on at the moment!

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

1 hour ago, SFurniss said:

Apart from the installation/update method and the fact that the Microsoft version is sandboxed, the two versions are basically the same

It’s worth noting that the sandboxing may affect your ability to use some Photoshop-compatible plugins in Affinity Photo.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 2 weeks later...

I bought all 3 for PC directly from the Serif store :

OMG Studielink is amazing in the Publisher - I do not want to think of how mush money I have paid Adobe over years for less.

I did a lot of print jobs years ago in Pagemaker and later Indesign when customers ask for it - stooped and went all web.

WOW Publisher is SO good!! I already am working on 3 poster for my family - just for the learning fun of it!

Thanks - for creating and updating 3 gems for the creative people :) Jess, Copenhagen, Denmark