You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher importing of Pages docs

Can Publisher on a Windows10 desktop import Pages documents created on iPad Pro? Does the Pages doc need to be converted to a PDF? Can it be edited in Publisher after importing? I use Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo on the iPad Pro, but would like to use Publisher . I do not have a Mac laptop or desktop. I do have an aging HP with Windows 10 and am considering buying publisher.

• Staff

Hi @Ren De,

23 minutes ago, Ren De said:

Can Publisher on a Windows10 desktop import Pages documents created on iPad Pro? Does the Pages doc need to be converted to a PDF?

Unfortunately Publisher can't directly import Pages files, however if you save as PDF from Pages, then Affinity can import this document.

24 minutes ago, Ren De said:

Can it be edited in Publisher after importing?

Absolutely, once the PDF has been exported from Pages, then imported in Affinity Publisher you should be able to edit it as required. (Note this does depend on how the PDF file is produced, as some apps will produce a PDF with a rasterised 'Image' layer, which cannot be edited as text, but most will produce an 'editable' PDF complete with layers etc.)

25 minutes ago, Ren De said:

I do have an aging HP with Windows 10 and am considering buying publisher.

I'd recommend trying our free 10 day trial of the app from the below link, to see if this suits your workflow :)

https://affinity.serif.com/publisher/trial

I hope this helps!

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

My opinion is; Whenever possible do not use PDFs, use .RTF or .DOCX as an export format from Pages to continue working with in Publisher. PDF is not a good interchange format.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.