You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Cursor, tool issue

(Macbook Pro 16" M1 Pro, Monterey 12.3.1) When I have the pen tool selected it still displays the move tool though it displays pen when I click for moment. Same with pencil tool. I tried deleting and reinstalling the app but it didn't help. Is there some setting I don't know about? I'm using a Wacom tablet but it does the same thing if I disconnect it and just use a mouse. The app is unusable like this!

• Staff

This happens because the first line is still selected when you switch tools so when you switch back to the pen tool it will then continue from the last drawn node, to start as a new line you will need to press the esc key or deselect the previous drawn line.

6 minutes ago, DWright said:

This happens because the first line is still selected when you switch tools so when you switch back to the pen tool it will then continue from the last drawn node, to start as a new line you will need to press the esc key or deselect the previous drawn line.

No, I'll upload another video which shows that even though I've deselected everything the cursor is still not showing the proper tool. And even if I hadn't, why wouldn't the pen tool cursor be shown as it should be? Why is the move tool dropping anchor points? This is clearly abnormal behavior