You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Some fonts not showing in Glyphs panel

I often make certificates and awards in Illustrator and want to change over to Affinty Designer to do this work in the future. The problem is that many of the fonts I use, that have swashes or alternate caps and treatments, do not show up in the Glyphs panel. I often use the panels in Illustrator to choose and try out different versions of a letter in the font and being able to visually choose it is necessary. Here is an example:

From Illustrator (in this case CS6 though CC is the same):

image.png.34d5ad0d6071ab5277cd477b8ec44e7c.png

The same file and the same font in Affinity Designer:

image.png.896a98e092d73a9ce25d9005d1722d77.png

Is there a preference setting I am missing here? Some switch that needs to be switched? For anyone doing Awards, Wedding Invites, or any documents that need fancy script or swashes, this is an important missing feature.

• Staff

Hi @James husted,

Welcome to the Affinity Forums :)

The Glyph Browser has options in the 'burger' menu, found in the top right of the studio -

image.png

If you change this to 'Unicode plus Alternatives', do you see the glyphs you expect?

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

18 hours ago, James husted said:

The problem is that many of the fonts I use, that have swashes or alternate caps and treatments, do not show up in the Glyphs panel.

The font style name looks like an old Type 1 supplemental font. Affinity applications do not support old Type 1 fonts.