You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

hallo,

i fail to do a batch prozessing for downsizing pics in percent (affinity photo). lets say i will reduce a lot of tifs about 50%.

i make a makro with change document 50% - proportion locked. if i use this in a batch processing, it doesn´t work because the pics are always disorted - the proportion do not match. 

what to do?

thanks for hints,

wiso

Resize operations recorded in a macro remember the final size, not the method used to calculate the size. 

You can use Filters > Distort > Equations as a workaround for specific sizes, but I'm not sure it will work for percentages. Both @John Rostron and @carl123 have posted macros that will resize to fixed values. Perhaps one of them will have more information about using percentages.

You can find their existing macros using this forum search: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/search/&q=Macro resize&quick=1&type=forums_topic&nodes=11

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Don't use a macro

Try using...

File > New Batch Job

and try using w/2 in width field, or h/2 in height field (or fill in both fields)

(Also ensure the field labelled A is ticked)

But you must leave the output as "Save as AFPhoto" (or the 50% resizing does not work)

Once the batch job completes you will have AFPhoto files which are 50% of the size of the original Tiff files, then just use File > New Batch Job again to convert these AFPhoto files back to Tiff files without changing the w or h settings

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

4 minutes ago, carl123 said:

Don't use a macro

Try using...

File > New Batch Job

and try using w/2 in width field, or h/2 in height field (or fill in both fields)

(Also ensure the field labelled A is ticked)

But you must leave the output as "Save as AFPhoto" (or the 50% resizing does not work)

Once the batch job completes you will have AFPhoto files which are 50% of the size of the original Tiff files, then just use File > New Batch Job again to convert these AFPhoto files back to Tiff files without changing the w or h settings

Appreciate your description, but way too long (not your fault). This is no workflow I would go, I would use IrfanView or similar right now.

----------
Windows 10 / 11, Complete Suite Retail and Beta

1 minute ago, joe_l said:

I would use IrfanView or similar right now.

Well hopefully it will help someone, in the future, that does not have "Irfanview or similar right now"

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

23 minutes ago, carl123 said:

Is that a documented feature? Or a bug? I don't recall seeing that before.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

1 minute ago, walt.farrell said:

I don't recall seeing that before.

I had a dream

thx all for the hints (dont suppose its so complicated...)

with my experience the method with "w/2" works. i first tried it with afphoto and tif files and it worked and reduced both. (i tried it a second time with tiff format only it works one time and one time not - but maybe there was a failing input from me)

it is not the optimum way, because there is no percentage possibility, but for a workaround it should be enought.

thx,

wiso

K1600_Skizze (215).JPG

39 minutes ago, wiso said:

it is not the optimum way, because there is no percentage possibility, but for a workaround it should be enought.

75%: w*.75

36%: w*.36

-- Walt
PC:

• 5 months later...

Also, zuerst einmal herzlichen Dank für die Hilfestellungen. Leider bin ich immer noch nicht auf die Lösung meines Problems gestoßen. Aber die Ursache kenne ich jetzt:

Ich erstelle mein Makro korrekt, und as Ergebnis ist fehlerlos.
Die weiteren Bilder, die ich bearbeiten will, werden immer auf die Größe des ersten Bildes, das ich bei der Aufzeichnung des Makros verwendet habe, gebracht! Das heißt, Wenn meine Makroaufzeichnung mit einem Hochformat erstellt worden ist, werden alle folgenden breitformatigen Bilder auf dieses Hochformat verzerrt.
„Shit”!

Ich habe noch zwei weitere Fragen zu Euren Tips:

1. Wie kann ich, wenn ich über Filter – Distort – Equations eingebe, die Größe oder Auflösung meines Bildes verändern???
2. Das gleiche über File – New Batchjob? In diesem Befehl lässt sich zwar einiges einstellen, er nimmt aber kein OK an!

Meine Affinity Photo Version ist 1.10.5 und ich arbeite mit MacOS Monterey Vers. 12.5!

Vielleicht hat noch jemand einige Ideen!

Nochmals vielen Dank für Eure Mühen.

So, first of all, thank you very much for the help. Unfortunately, I still haven't found the solution to my problem. But now I know the reason:

I create my macro correctly and the result is error-free. But the subsequent images I want to edit are always resized to the first image I used when recording the macro! This means that if my macro recording was created with a portrait format, all subsequent wide format images will be distorted to this portrait format. "Shit"!

I have two more questions about your tips: 1. How can I change the size or resolution of my image when I enter via Filters – Distort - Equations??? 2. The same about File – New Batchjob? A few things can be set in this command, but it does not accept OK!

My Affinity Photo version is 1.10.5 and I'm running MacOS Monterey Vers. 12.5!

Maybe someone else has some ideas!

Thank you again for your efforts.

As others have pointed out, you do not need a macro to change the image size. The batch job does what you need.

To change the dpi/ppi (resolution), use one of my Change DPI  macros.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630