You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

how can we we see the dpi to 76.2 pixel per inch

Hello @Sujeesh Krishnaand welcome to the forums.

If you go to Edit > Preferences, then select the User Interface, you can alter the number of decimal places displayed for various units.

Even if the displayed decimal places is zero, you can still enter however many decimal places you like in the box.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

Hi John ,

Thanks for the information. one more help. do you know how can we change the dpi. I have added the cm\inch sizes but the dpi still showing 2 digit. Actually I need to add the dpi 76.2 but it is only showing 76. is there any way. I have attached the screen shot for your review.image.jpeg.602a7c40b916719343058d98165686ee.jpeg

2 hours ago, John Rostron said:

Hello @Sujeesh Krishnaand welcome to the forums.

If you go to Edit > Preferences, then select the User Interface, you can alter the number of decimal places displayed for various units.

Even if the displayed decimal places is zero, you can still enter however many decimal places you like in the box.

John

This does not work for DPI.

The AP cannot display fractions for DPI. AD can.

After you create a document, you can add fractional DPI values in AD (Edit > Document Setup).

Creating a document with fractional  DPI/PPI are very important for documents with technical illustrations.
Dear Developers! I ask you not to remove this feature from AD.

55 minutes ago, telemax said:

The AP cannot display fractions for DPI.

The Metadata panel in AP can display fractional DPI up to 8 decimal places (sometimes?)

dpi2.png

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

5 hours ago, Sujeesh Krishna said:

also how can we change the solid colors.

Please post this separate question to its own thread. When you do so, please explain which solid colours you want to change.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

If you want to create documents with fractional DPI (76.2/52.5/96.4), you need Affinity Designer. Affinity Photo cannot create a document with fractional DPI.

8 minutes ago, telemax said:

Affinity Photo cannot create a document with fractional DPI.

At creation time no but you can change to a fractional DPI afterwards using the resize document dialogue

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

2 minutes ago, Alfred said:

5 minutes ago, telemax said:

If you want to create documents with fractional DPI (76.2/52.5/96.4), you need Affinity Designer. Affinity Photo cannot create a document with fractional DPI.

Hi Telemax,

Thank you for the information, I will install the Affinity Designer and will check and let you know if any doubts.

Thanks & Regards

Sujeesh.

1 minute ago, Sujeesh Krishna said:

Hi Carl,

I have tried that but it is also not showing the values.

Are you looking in the Metadata panel?

24 minutes ago, carl123 said:

At creation time no but you can change to a fractional DPI afterwards using the resize document dialogue

Yes it worked, thanks Carl, but the "Resize Document" dialog is misleading. But now we know that DPI can be seen in the Metadata panel.

3 minutes ago, telemax said:

Here is a small tutorial on how to make a document in Designer and Photo:

2 small points regarding the APhoto video

1. If you want the document to stay at a precise pixel size when changing the DPI, untick Resample when changing the DPI otherwise the width and height of the document changes

2. If you always work with documents that are preset sizes, just change the DPI once and save them as templates (File > Export as template). You can then use File New... to select various templates with the fractional DPI already set as you want it