You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Pen pressure issues [ HUION | W10 | AP 1.10.5 ]

Hello.
Before I start I want to point out that I did scoured the internet and these forums in search for answers, but I wasn't able to find a solution.

As for the issue at hand, well actually multiple issues, depending on which option I choose.
Starting with Windows Ink, it just straight up refuse to work, like it's not even there. I have checked it in my drivers and updated them just in case, I restarted the software and PC multiple times, but nothing. Funny thing is, it DID work 2-3 days ago. Now I'm starting AP and I'm greeted with dead silence.
So I decided to try High Precision option. Well it blew up, it crashed so hard that my PC stuttered for a second.
After that I tried the Low Precision option (which was the default option whose issues prompted me to switch to Windows Ink in the first place), but it started making blobs when I drew a line, just like before. Granted it's not every time, but it is frequent enough to be annoying at best.

Now I do have checked force pressure control, just so you know. As for the tablet, it's H1060P with driver version 15.5.3. I do not possess any other software to test if the pressure works at all (altough it does within the driver and both precision option do technically function, but not to a useable degree).

• Staff

Hi Dawiddg,

Welcome to the forums :)

In regards to the tablet not working at all do you have Windows INK enabled in your tablets driver settings as-well as our app? In regards to the blobs would you be able to provide a screenshot or screen recording demonstrating them?

Thanks
C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Windows Ink is indeed enabled in the drivers (I wasn't clear enough about this in the original post, apologies) and video clip is processing right now so it might take a while.

here's link to the video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JgL1u3ziWjq5kb0F_q12pC8F_LBd6pEQ/view?usp=sharing

PS: I got a hold of another software that supports pen pressure and everything is working fine in it.

Edited by dawiddg

3 hours ago, dawiddg said:

PS: I got a hold of another software that supports pen pressure and everything is working fine in it.

Hello @dawiddg,

Welcome to the forums.

Question: which software or driver has solved your problem?

I think this could also interest other users of a Huion graphics tablet.

Cheers

Affinity Photo 2.4:         Affinity Photo 1.10.6: 

Affinity Designer 2.4:    Affinity Designer 1.10.6:

Affinity Publisher 2.4:   Affinity Publisher 1.10.6:    

Windows 11 Pro  (Version 23H2 Build (22631.3447)

19 minutes ago, Gnobelix said:

Hello @dawiddg,

Welcome to the forums.

Question: which software or driver has solved your problem?

I think this could also interest other users of a Huion graphics tablet.

Cheers

I'm sorry? I did not stated that my problem is solved. What I meant was the fact that in other software (Krita) the pressure work. Nothing changed in AP.

Hello @dawiddg,

OK, then I have misunderstood.

I also use a Huion graphics tablet (Inspiroy H1060P) and there is no difficulty with pen pressure.

My settings

Huion driver: Windows Ink is enable (Driver 15.3.5, Firmware T167_190325)

Affinity all Apps: Low Precision.

The pen pressure also works without problems with Window INK and high precision,

but the two settings have a problem with the mouse click assignment.

Try disabling the Open CL or enable Open-CL.

Here are my settings for pen printing in the Huion driver.

Cheers

Pen-Pressure.png

Affinity Photo 2.4:         Affinity Photo 1.10.6: 

Affinity Designer 2.4:    Affinity Designer 1.10.6:

Affinity Publisher 2.4:   Affinity Publisher 1.10.6:    

Windows 11 Pro  (Version 23H2 Build (22631.3447)

No worries, it do happen sometimes.

I tried to fiddle with open CL, but it wouldn't change a thing. Reinstalling AP didn't help either.
I've also checked how things are in Designer. Unfortunately, it's exactly the same situation. Low prec is making blobs and W Ink is absent. I didn't tried High prec, as I feared it may also crash.

I tried looking at Windows Ink itself, but there's nothing I can change that could make a difference.
Same goes for control panel. It even apperas to be missing an option that I saw elsewhere.

So in summary, it's worse than I thought. I wouldn't be surprised if Publisher was also messed up, but since pen has marginal uses for me in it, I do not care that much for it.
(but I checked anyway and it's the same thing).

Some updates.

Everything is now broken. Windows Ink just started a rebellion on my PC and now even Krita is refusing to cooperate. I tried reaching huion support team, but their ticketing tool appears to be utterly broken so I guess I'm on my own now. I don't know what I'm gonna do now. I guess I'll just give up.

Ok, I gave it another shot and here's what I found.

Turns out, that for some reason, huion drivers are conflicting with windows ink. Reinstalling and updating didn't help, so I tried disabling Win Ink. Interestingly, I noticed that the pen started to run smoother, without any stutters. Still I didn't had a pressure of course as I had everything setup with Win Ink as a controller. Changing back to win tab fixed the issue as expected, but now I had to actually do it in affinity.

I tried High precision at first as its only problem was trying to kill my pc every 5 minutes, but this time it works without a hitch. Just out of curiosity I tried Low precision, but that one still have produced blobs whenever I tried to draw rapidly.

So in conclusion, whe one day you'll wake up and notice that your pressure has thrown a tantrum, just turn off the Windows Ink in drivers and use High precision as pen pressure. It helped me for now, we'll see how long it lasts.

Also @Callum, sorry for pinging, but do You have any updates on the "blob issue"? It would be nice to use Low prec instead of High, just in case High decided to blow up again.