You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Latest PUBLISHER update has removed a font. How do I get it back?

I have just done an update to PUB:ISHER and CAIRO SF font has disappeared.  I have this in an ongoing series of products.  How can I get it back (or added) to the font list?

In the previous version CAIRO SF appeared after BUDOKEN SF - now it is gone (see screen shot)

image.png.fae9854c08785be2b23b1d1ca95e6a71.png

Hello @malcwatson, and welcome to the forums.

Your fonts are determined by the Operating System. Publisher will just report fonts that the OS tells it are there. Have you looked to see if the missing font is actually on your syetem?

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

Reinstall it

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

I have had occasional problems where Publisher will not list some small number of fonts that it previously listed just fine.  Fonts are all installed, visible in the OS (Windows), and accessible by all my other font-aware graphics and publishing programs.  With one particular exception, these problems usually go away by shutting down Publisher and relaunching it, but it sometimes takes several tries.  So there does seem to be a little fragility in font loading in the Affinity suite.  I seem to have more problems when I launch Publisher immediately after rebooting, so perhaps there is some timing dependence.

(The exception is a problem where the Affinity suite was not happy with a font family with mixed versions of individual fonts.  It would consistently recognize only the fonts of the first loaded version, and refuse to recognize the fonts in the same family of a different version.   All fonts in the family being visible in the OS and happily recognized by all my other font-aware graphics and publishing programs, this was extremely perplexing and aggravating.  This has been discussed thoroughly in another thread.)