You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

haze layer over placed photos in Affinity Publisher?

I have a Mac Mini running Big Sur, and have Affinity Publisher 1.10.4 installed.  I'm still on the learning curve moving from InDesign to Publisher, making photo albums.  Maybe it's just me, but it seems like all the 'placed' photos (on a white background coming from a template file provided by the album publisher) have a slight haze over them that does not show up in a photo application (such as Affinity Photo or Photoshop), and also disappears when I export the document as a pdf file.  But it's noticeable enough that I keep thinking I have to do haze removal on the image back in a photo app.

I can't tell whether there is an option to set for viewing or whether I just have to accept it with confidence that the haze is "not really there."

Check to see if there is a check next to View > Show Column Guides. There may be one of more Column Guides setup in that template. You can manage them with the View > Guides Manager... 

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.