You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Designer: Is there a way to permanently apply a HSL SHIFT Adjustment to a group and keep vector layers?

Hi,

I have a group of groups. I applied a HSL Shift adjustment to the primary group which affected all the groups in the group.

In this case it was leafy bushes, and I wanted to shift the hue of the green leaves from a cool to warm cast.

Now, I am finding that the group of bushes should be split up to allow me to layer other element fore and aft of the bushes, so I want to remove some of the bushes from the group and use them elsewhere in the stack. It seems like it would be nice to permanently apply the HSL Shift to the entire group to simplify the process, but I want to keep the vector info etc. 

Is there a way to permanently apply the HSL Shift and retain all the vector curves and layer stacking?

Thank you!

I think the easiest way would be to use two separate HSL Adjustment Layers for the two separate Groups, you can copy paste the one Adjustment layer.

The alternative is to select all the leaves on the bushes and change their colours using select same fill colour from the Select menu. Tip: use global colours for the leaves.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

13 hours ago, Otto Manuel said:

Is there a way to permanently apply the HSL Shift and retain all the vector curves and layer stacking?

To achieve just this setup the easiest would be not to nest the adjustment layer as a child layer in any of the groups but to position the adjustment layer simply on top of all other layers in the Layers Panel hierarchy.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1