Patchwork

Create Compound/Compound Shape Not Sticking When Opened on Different Computer

I'm not even sure how to go about fixing this problem, to be honest...

I created a pretty basic cut out of one small shape on top of a larger shape to make a hole in it.  It comes out just fine for original files and the .svg files I export them as, but when my client opened the files in Illustrator (they don't use Affinity products, so have no other choice but to work with them in Illustrator), the compound did not stick.  I would just create another shape and stick it on top, but I need the transparency the compound creates because there are other objects behind the shapes that need to be seen.  When I look at the layers, there is no layer for the shape that was cut out, at all.  It's treated as a shape that's already been cut out from, outlined and everything.  What can I do to fix this??  Creating another compound will only result in the same thing happening again.  It just won't translate properly when opened in AI.

I'm currently using the 1.4.1 beta version.