You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity unresponsive on my iPad Pro

Hi, I’m new to the forum.

All my tools and my ability to export photos are all completely unresponsive on my iPad Pro M1 and I do have  the latest update of IOS.

I’ve already tried powering off my iPad and tried do a re-set of the Affinity software.

The last few times I fixed this same issue was by deleting the Affinity Photo app off my iPad and then re-installing the app, but in doing so I obviously would loose all my previous saved work.

Affinity opens up on my iPad just fine but that all it does.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Davyo

• Staff

Hi Davyo,

I'm sorry to hear that this has happened if possible could you provide a screen recording that demonstrates the unresponsiveness of the app? Could you also please tell me the last operations you were performing with the app so we can try and identify the cause of this problem?

Thanks
C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Okay, this is really weird, I just went to make a screen recording of the Affinity being un-responsive and all of the sudden it’s working perfectly now !!!

Its been un-responsive for the last few days and even right before I joined this forum to post the issues and now all of the sudden the tools are working and it’s exporting my photos correctly,,,, I didn’t change anything or do a restart on my iPad or anything at all,, it just started working again,,,, wow !!!

Well, for future reference if anyone has any ideas on a fix feel free to still chime in, this is definitely not the first time Affinity has been un-responsive.

It typically happens a few times every month or two and the only way I’ve fixed it in the past is by deleting Affinity and reloading it but then I loose all my saved photos on the software when doing that.

Thanks in advance for any advice help or suggestions.

Cheers, Davyo 

Edited by Davyophoto