You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Saving crashes app on Mac OS Monterrey 12.3.1 (21E258) - Every time

This is an error that I get EVERY time. I've even created workflows to work around it. Every FIRST run of the program when I try to save with the export persona, the app crashes when opening the save dialog. I've recorded this on video (see attachment). Sometimes it will crash when creating a new folder. 

• Staff

Hi @budaloco,

Does this freeze occur on first run of the program since the Mac was booted? Does it occur if you were to try exporting a blank document in the export persona?

Could you send over a screenshot of your 'About This Mac' overview so I can see your specs?

I would also suggest resetting Designer to it's default settings by following the below:

1. Close down Designer and go to Applications in Finder
  2. Hold down Ctrl Click on Designer and Click 'Open' whilst still holding down Ctrl
  3. This will prompt for a new menu 'Clear User Data' with three boxes ticked, press clear at the bottom right hand corner
  4. Reboot your Mac and try exporting again.

• 3 weeks later...

This error happens every time. The first two times I try to export I always end up forcibly closing the app. It's really Annoying. I´ll try to reset the options....I´ll loose the settings I've configured but that's ok. 

Thanks!

Specs below.

image.thumb.png.02e00c6e6904f0f024e8a2deaa5f1e81.pngimage.png.abd6d12d64cd2bccc2dadf5fbfadd8e9.png

• Staff

Hi @budaloco,

Just to confirm, is the location your exporting to a Cloud storage service such as Dropbox/Onedrive? We generally recommend saving and exporting files on a local drive to avoid issues such as freezes, the files can then be moved to Cloud storage after. 🙂

• Staff
3 minutes ago, jubarbie said:

I have the exact same issue but I do not use any Cloud Storage service

Have you tried the previously mentioned app reset to it's default settings? Instructions are below.

On 5/4/2022 at 11:51 AM, NathanC said:

I would also suggest resetting Designer to it's default settings by following the below:

1. Close down Designer and go to Applications in Finder
  2. Hold down Ctrl Click on Designer and Click 'Open' whilst still holding down Ctrl
  3. This will prompt for a new menu 'Clear User Data' with three boxes ticked, press clear at the bottom right hand corner
  4. Reboot your Mac and try exporting again.

@NathanC I'm sorry to tell you that I'm still experiencing this bug.

I was currently working on a document this morning and I just experienced a crash while I was trying to export using Export Persona.

So clearing User Data didn't seem to resolve the issue. Once again I am not using any Cloud storage system.

The app crashes while I'm navigating through my folders on the modal window