You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Exporting Files - Duplicates Previous Version

I am using affinity designer on the iPad and I am finding that if I export a file to photos, it will often export duplicate of the previous file rather than exporting the current one. Usually these files are very similar with either a color change or a small adjustment to spacing. In one case, similar mock-ups were created with different patterns, and exporting a file to photos would result in the previous pattern saved to photos instead. The only workaround I’ve been able to use is to close the app, re-open, and try saving the image or file once again. This seems to be a new issue in the past week or so. 

6 minutes ago, farawayspices said:

This seems to be a new issue in the past week or so. 

Did you just update your iPad to iPadOS 15.4 or 15.4.1?

There's a known problem with the Affinity applications on those iPadOS releases:

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff

Hi @farawayspices,

Thanks for your report :)

I can confirm this is a known issue in the latest version, as confirmed here - 

I'll be sure to 'bump' this report with our development team now with your thread, as we certainly understand the frustration this can cause & offer our apologies in the meantime!

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

Just now, Dan C said:

I'll be sure to 'bump' this report with our development team now with your thread, as we certainly understand the frustration this can cause & offer our apologies in the meantime!

I have been holding off on the iPadOS update, to avoid this problem. But now my iPad is getting more insistent about performing the update, even though I have not chosen to do so :(

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

• Staff

Sorry to hear this Walt, I absolutely understand your hesitation to update & I'm aware Apple iOS can be less than subtle with pushing users to update!

Our team internally has been made aware that this is a rather wide-spread issue and we hope to have further updates regarding this shortly :)

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

Unfortunately this issue is still logged with our development team, I'll be sure to 'bump' this with them once again :)

1 hour ago, Dan C said:

Unfortunately this issue is still logged with our development team, I'll be sure to 'bump' this with them once again :)

Could the “bump” perhaps be more of a cattle prod to the nethers? 🧐 over 3 months using the workaround now, my productivity and therefore my income is suffering…

• Staff

I'll be sure to pass your feedback through to the team as I certainly understand the frustrations caused here!
My sincerest apologies for any inconveniences in the meantime.

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

My sincerest apologies, this issue is still logged with our developers - we hope to have more information to share shortly.

• 3 weeks later...

In my tests of iPadOS 16 public beta on my M1 iPad Pro, the problem appears to have been fixed in both Photo and Designer, so maybe an obscure OS bug affecting some devices rather than a Serif bug.

My dad always told me, a bad workman always blames their tools….

Just waiting for Ronny Pickering…..

Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on macOS Sonoma 14 on M1 Mac Mini 16GB 1TB
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on Windows 10 Pro. Deceased
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 2.4 on M1 iPad Pro 11” on iPadOS 17.4 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityForiPad

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityPhoto/

The hardest link to find https://affinity.help

• Staff

Thanks for letting us know Paul, I'll be sure to let the QA team know so we can perform some further internal testing on iOS 16 :)

4 hours ago, brucecowie said:

After spending several years raving about your software and trying to convince my Adobe loving friends to ditch their subscriptions and switch to Affinity, I now feel like a bit of a tool. This is not a minor issue. Try harder.

In case you missed it just above, it appears to be an Apple bug in iPadOS, not a Serif Affinity bug.

-- Walt
PC:

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Kianne said:

I updated to iOS 15.7 and I am still having this problem.

As above, it seems to be an iPadOS bug, which appears to be fixed in iPadOS 16.

-- Walt
PC:

• 2 months later...
  • Staff

IMPORTANT UPDATE for anyone still using V1 Affinity applications - 

Versions 1.10.6 of the Affinity suite have been released, which we believe fixes this export issue.

Please see the below link for information on how to access these updates:

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon