You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

multi-coloured node/curves when selecting multiple curves/paths

to help differentiate between overlapping curves and nodes when multiple are selected, it would be useful if paths and their nodes could be (optionally) coloured differently for each layer/path selected. e.g. select 2 paths, one is blue with blue nodes (default) and the other is orange with orange nodes. When nodes overlap, it would then be easy to know which is on top without having to move anything first.

it would also be nice if you could change the default colour from blue (or set a "default layer colour").

thanks

Yeah this would be awesome. Even just the ability to change the color of the path would be a huge help.

I'm currently working on a project that is mostly color blue so it kinda sucks that the paths were blending in with the actual artwork.

What I'm doing to solve this problem is I'm working on grayscale so moving paths would be more manageable.

1 hour ago, lalcimo said:

Even just the ability to change the color of the path would be a huge help.

nb* you can indirectly change the path color by manually editing the layer color. Right click on a layer in layers panel and select a color from the context menu.

Hope that helps

8 hours ago, thedivclass said:

Right click on a layer in layers panel and select a color from the context menu.

Note that this requires the use of Layer layers; that is, layers marked as (Layer) in the Layers panel. You get them by using the menu Layer > New Layer or the New Layer icon i the Layers panel.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2022 at 9:33 AM, thedivclass said:

nb* you can indirectly change the path color by manually editing the layer color. Right click on a layer in layers panel and select a color from the context menu.

Hope that helps

Sh*t. I didn't know you can do that. Thanks a lot. :D