Sign in to follow this  
Signguy

File Open/Save Dialog

Using El Capitan, you can not search for an Affinity document by file name using the File Open Dialog.  Files come up un-selectable as if the file type is not recognized by the system.  

Can anyone else please confirm that this is happening on their end or not.  I've even re-installed El Capitan and it seems to be a system issue.

I've had an issue similar in the past: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/10103-open-window-differences/

Another update from Apple 10.11.4 and still no fix for searching within an open dialog box.  WHAT A JOKE!  

El Capitan is most definitely a downgrade from Yosemite not an upgrade.  

With over 500 Affinity files on my laptop now, not being able to do a simple search within an open dialog is just downright laughable.  

I can't even do a quick look on my files once I put anything into the search box on the open window.

Thanks for letting me vent my frustration on this forum.

Looks like this bug was partially fixed in macOS Sierra.  You can now do a search within the file open dialog.  However, the file type still doesn't seem to be recognized because the resulting search query shows up greyed out.  You can, however, hit the Open button and the file will now finally open (a double click on the file name does not open the file).

It would be nice if the file open dialog box would default to the current folder instead of defaulting to "This Mac".

Is there some type of file property that needs to be changed or something on Affinities end that needs to be changed to have search results be recognized and populate properly?

This is broken again with the latest MacOS update.  I just don't understand why a search inquiry within an open dialog won't at least let you select files that are compatible with AD.  It's almost as if the file type is not being recognized.  It works with other native Apple programs but not with AD.  Is this something that can be looked into by your developers please?

Serif Team.  Can you please look into this?  It is ironic that you can not do a simple search within the open dialog for any .afdesign file.  How can the file type not be supported within a simple open dialog?  Using latest MAS version and Yosemite works on my production machine but I would like to upgrade to another machine running the latest MAS version and Sierra and it does not work.

This seems like a simple file type issue.  If it is not an issue with Affinity development then it is an issue with the Apple OS but as a developer, you have a better chance of reporting this bug than we do as the customer.  Other third party apps seem to work fine.