Sign in to follow this  
kemie

Cannot assign shortcut to "Send to Back"

I wanted to assign cmd+F to "Send to front" and cmd+B to "send to back".

I did so in the preferences panel, but even though it seems to be there, the send to back shortcut doesn't work and doesn't appear in the layers menu either.

You can see in the screenshot, the shortcut ias assigned, and doesn't show a conflict.

image.png

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug?

Kemie,

I don't know why yours doesn't show up but mine shows a shortcut. The shortcut for send to back is shift + command + [.

Hokusai

Yea, after I customized it it disappeared, though.

Chris, so it is a bug? Just want to know if I did anything wrong.

Thanks!

Kemie,

Command + B is the default shortcut for "Bold" did you change that one to something else? I would guess your problems are caused by a conflict of having two different things with the same shortcut. I was able to replicate your problem by assigning command + B to "move to back" without first changing the shortcut for "bold". If you change the shortcut for "bold" to something other than command + B then it should solve your problem.

Hokusai

Hokusai, you are right! But then another problem comes, which is that I can't seem to change keyboard shortcut for bold or italic, it just doesn't appear on the shorcuts menu. image.png

I have temporarily solved the problem by changing the send to back command to cmd+shift+B, but I would love to be able to change the bold shortcut.